As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.This is a Software Engineering role on the Asset Management - Regulatory Compliance Technology team. You will be working on various applications across Trade Surveillance, Advisory, Employee Compliance and Fund Compliance business areas within Regulatory Compliance.As an Application Developer, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. The role will involve working with business users as well as Technology team members within the Columbus OH and Jersey City NJ area and overseas.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practice
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovativeculture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages: Informatica, AbInitio, Hadoop, etc.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- 3+ years of experience with ETL based applications, databases, High volume Real Time& Batch application processing
- Experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
- Intermediate knowledge in RDMS, PL/SQL, including triggers, stored procedures, queries, etc.
- Knowledge of Hadoop infrastructure and big data technologies like HDFS, Hive, Impala & Spark is a plus
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.