Veritude is looking for an ETL Software Engineer at Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Smithfield, RI.
Our ETL Software Engineer has a combination of technical skills, communication skills and business knowledge. The developer should be able to work on multiple medium to large projects. The successful candidate will have excellent technical skills (PL/SQL, Oracle, Informatica, PL/SQL, UNIX scripting, Data Analysis, relational/dimensional modeling) and also will be able to take oral and written business requirements and develop efficient code to meet deliverables.
- Participate in the development, enhancement and maintenance of database applications both as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Designing, building, and maintaining the BI Reporting Platform (both internal and external/client facing applications) by closely working with Analysts
- Leading developers and applying skills in UNIX commands and shell scripting, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning, Informatica, and data modeling.
- Work with data transfer with Oracle and ETL environments
- Design dynamic processing through PLSQL for projects and also able to create SQL database packages and procedures
- Designing high performing batch programs and adhering to standards and best-practices for development.
- Performs independent functional and technical analysis for major projects supporting several corporate initiatives
- Communicate and work with IT partners and user community with various levels from Sr Management to detailed developer to business SME for project definition
- Works on multiple platforms and multiple projects concurrently
- Performs code and unit testing for complex scope modules, and projects
- Important: Must participate in rotating production support activities
- Five to eight years of experience in database development (primary focus is Informatica, Oracle, solid PL/SQL programming skills
- Experience in the following areas - UNIX Shell Scripting and Informatica ETL.
- Comprehensive experience with database systems and related software
- Experience with Control M (or similar job scheduling AutoSys)
- Ability to read and interpret physical data models
- Solid knowledge of DBMS optimizer and performance tuning techniques
- Ability to translate requirement documents into DBMS language
- Experience with regression testing and stored procedure development
- Good communications skills in addition to being a team player
- Experience working with off-shore environments and Financial Services will be a plus.
- Must have a flexible attitude and be able to comfortably accommodate change.
- Excellent problem solver, able to assimilate information quickly.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.