BellXcel is the largest evidence-based summer learning provider in the United States and a national leader in PK-8th grade out-of-school education. Founded in 1992, BellXcel closes the achievement gap in underserved communities through its partnerships with schools, school districts, and other youth-serving organizations to reach 15,000 students annually across the country.
BellXcel partners design and deploy holistic, scalable summer and afterschool learning experiences utilizing BellXcel's comprehensive, evidence-based out-of-school-time education solution. Refined and replicated for over 25 years, BellXcel-powered programs blend rigorous literacy and math instruction with hands-on enrichment, social, emotional development, and community engagement.
BellXcel strives to make a difference in the lives of children—called Scholars—along with their families and teachers. Standardized tests indicate that scholars consistently gain the equivalent of two months of classroom instruction in literacy and three months in math skills during the summer program. BellXcel's summer programs help prevent summer slide, which reverses achievement gains students make during the school year. In addition to academic benefits, BellXcel scholars experience increases in self-confidence and expectations for the future.
Position Impact on the Organization
The Evaluation Manager will be responsible for implementing key evaluation activities utilizing technology platforms as well as assisting in data analysis and the development of evaluation tools and approaches. This role is critical to BellXcel’s ability to demonstrate impact for the scholars, families, and teachers. The Manager collaborates with BellXcel’s Implementation Team to support the smooth implementation of key evaluation data systems that support scholar assessment, quality assurance, and survey research. This role is expected to be virtual. The Manager reports to the Senior Director, Evaluation and manages assigned projects and activities.
Accountable for the effective implementation of BellXcel’s key evaluation technology platforms, the Manager is pivotal in collecting and analyzing data needed to tell the story of BellXcel’s implementation and impact. Specific accountabilities include:
- Lead implementation and management of key assessment and evaluation technology platforms across the organization, such as STAR, Salesforce, SurveyMonkey and others
- Collaborate to help design and implement evaluation tools, such as surveys and rubrics
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization, including Learning and Innovation, Implementation, and Business Development, to assist in designing and lead implementation of evaluation methods and tools
- Collaborate with external data systems vendors as needed
- Demonstrate strong cultural stewardship within the Evaluation Team—translating BellXcel’s mission and strategic goals into your work
Committed to making an impact in the lives of people that BellXcel serves and developing innovative ways that BellXcel demonstrates impact, specifically the Manager is:
- A quick and efficient learner of new technologies and processes
- Savvy in evaluation methods and analysis
- Communicates well with a variety of different internal and external stakeholders
- Adept at a variety of data systems and technology tools
- Able to adapt to changing conditions and requirements
- A strong team player and committed to ‘doing what it takes’ to help your colleagues
- Able to excel in a virtual work environment—knowing how to self-manage and leverage collaboration tools effectively!
- A rock-star collaborator and listener
- A rock star at ‘cracking the code’ in the data behind the incredible story of BellXcel’s Scholars
As the pivotal role in BellXcel’s evaluation approach, at least 2-4 years of experience in the evaluation field is preferred. Including:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Strong preference is given to candidates with degrees in Education, Evaluation, or other Social Science-related degrees.
- 2-4 years of professional experience preferred
- Strong technology skills and experience with online systems management (such as Salesforce, SurveyMonkey, Box.com, etc.).
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manage and analyze data
- Experience in program evaluation, including development and implementation of evaluation tools and methods (assessments, surveys, qualitative methodologies, etc) and data analysis.
- Exceptional time management and communication skills.
- Experience adapting and translating evidence into impact stories and results
‘Oh, the places you’ll go’ …
BellXcel is committed to creating amazing experiences for its employees—believing that an employee’s satisfaction directly reflects on their ability to make a difference in the lives of BellXcel Scholars and those who serve them. We endeavor to consistently and thoughtfully ensure every employee knows the expectations of his/her role, including how his/her successful performance impacts our mission, and the future growth and development opportunities available at BellXcel.
‘Oh, the places you can go’ as together we fulfill our mission to transform the academic achievements, self-confidence, and life trajectories of children living in under-resourced communities.
BellXcel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.