Title: EVENT COORDINATOR
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA: Salaried Exempt
I. JOB SUMMARY
Supervises and participates in the implementation of the event planning/coordination process. Interacts with clients, facility staff, in-house concessionaires and related personnel.
II. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides information on equipment or services necessary for a successful event.
* Assists in implementation of facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Maintains rapport with clients, their associates or service suppliers as necessary.
* Anticipates problems and appropriate solutions.
* Provides clear, concise and timely communication of directives to other departments on a timely basis.
* Forms, EWOs, letters, as required
* Directs pre-event meeting, as required
* Insures highest level of customer service.
* Assists in training of event service staff
* Establishes contact with client upon assignment of an event.
* Monitors and supervises facility housekeeping, set-up, etc. as necessary.
* Advises and assists in planning process as necessary.
* Explains contract provisions, policies and procedures.
* Reviews floor plans.
* Determines equipment requirements.
* Secures/coordinates pertinent information for most effective use of facility, including
* Physical set-ups
* --Audio-visual needs
* Ticketing arrangements/box office requirements
* Appropriate security or other staffing
* Final settlement/billings/statistical reports
* Provides liaison to in-house concessionaires and other departments for appropriate services.
* Minimize the number of SMG people the client is required to contact in making advance arrangements.
* Serves as Manager on Duty.
* Supervises implementation of event services.
* Briefs staffs as needed
* Participates in weekly production meeting.
* Performs special assignments as required.
* All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Two or more years of actual experience in public facility management, promotion, or operation of conventions or trade shows or service related operations whose primary function is to provide direct on-site service to the public.
* Two or more years of college level course work preferred in a sales or marketing related program.
* A good knowledge of the principles of administration as they relate to provision of facilities, services and equipment in a large convention/exhibition/entertainment center.
* A general knowledge of the services, vendors, union jurisdictions or other organizations involved in producing major events.
* Ability to anticipate needed services, organize pertinent information, and communicate effectively.
* Knowledge of record keeping, financial control methods and preparation of reports.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
* Activities occur both inside and outside the Center; some seasonal heat and humidity.
* Ability to work flexible hours in addition to normal business hours as dictated by events.
* Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time.
* Ability to perform heavy lifting of tables, chairs, stage decks, etc.
Mobile Civic Center
Attn: Human Resources
401 Civic Center Dr.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled