Event Coordinator, Orlando, Florida
Smart City began more than 30 years ago and has evolved into the nation’s leading telecommunication provider for convention centers and meeting facilities. We manage the technology services for more than 3,000 events annually, including virtually every Fortune 500 Company event and major tradeshow. From auto shows to national political party conventions to world economic summits, Smart City has been on the floor, behind the scenes, and maintaining the connections that enable people to make important things happen.
Today, we proudly employ more than 250 team members nationwide. Our Las Vegas headquarters is home to our national customer service, accounting, and technology teams, along with our Network Operations Center(NOC), which provides Internet security services and remote 24/7 monitoring for all of our networks.
The Event Coordinator contributes to the overall success of the organization by working closely with show management, site management and major customers to respond to client needs. The Event Coordinator also resolves customer sales and service issues through onsite presence at assigned shows.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
The Event Coordinator supports the Sales & Marketing Team and will be responsible for but are not limited to the following:
· Supports and coordinates customer sales and service activities with show management, site management and major customers to respond to client needs and resolve customer sales and service issues during pre-show and through onsite presence at assigned events
· Building client relationships, by consulting with clients on their overall Internet and Telephony needs provide a best fit event solution
· Attending planning visits and pre-conference meetings for all assigned events to understand client expectations
· Researching previous event history, utilizing proprietary company database and other means
· Building detailed quotes for clients and following up on revisions and updates
· Keeping detailed orders in company database and ensuring that all changes are up to date
· Creating and delivering all pertinent information about events to the internal team
· Collecting and rectifying all funds for assigned events. Resolves all errors of customer billing and interfaces with customers to solve issues and suggest additional services, if needed
· Fully utilizes and understands all aspects of company proprietary software system
· Assists and answers all customer sales and service staff inquires
· Understands and clearly explains and recommends all aspects of company products and services to the customers
· Ensures compliance with all company policy
· Provides guidance and training to lower level CSSRs. Functions as a lead, regional specialist, or assistant to managers needed
· Provides proactive support and coordination for pre-show and on-site customer approval and signature on all requested services.
· Prepares all show site reports.
· Communicates with other department team members on customer sales and service issues
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
· Ability to multi-task and respond to multiple interruptions in a professional manner
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Professional presence
· Proficient in telecommunications and network products and services
· Quick Learner and adaptable to the needs of both clients and coworkers
· Strong attention to detail inessential
· High school graduate or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree, preferred
· Experience in Tradeshow/Event Industry and/or Telecommunications preferred
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Smart City Networks will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Smart City Networks is an equal opportunity employer.