Business & HR/Event Host
Hoosier Grove Barn
Under general direction and supervision of the Wedding and Event Manager, the Event Host is responsible for setting up, conducting and cleaning up for all Events.
The Event Host is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined below. This is a part-time position with hours possibly scheduled 7 days per week.This is an at-will position.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and enjoy working with people.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patrons.
- Candidate must be CPR & AED certified within six (6) months of hiring (District provided)
- Candidate must have Illinois food handlers certification within 30 days of hire (District provided)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Employee must check email for work schedule and work-related communications.
- Employee must demonstrate, support and enforce Park District customer service standards.
- Employee will greet customer at the front entrance with a cart and assist customer by bringing in event supplies as needed.
- Employee will show customer to the event space.
- Employee will assist customer back to their vehicle after the party.
- Employee will assist in set-up for event, which may include setting up décor & setting tables.
- Employee will host party including, if necessary, setting up food area, serving food, assisting in gifts/games , & assistance with HGB sound system.
- Employee will close down event, which will include removing all garbage/debris from tables/main floor, assisting in removal of all decorations, tape, etc. & assisting the customer to their vehicle.
- Employee will properly care for supplies and equipment and return to storage areas in an organized manner.
- Employee will always be enthusiastic and welcoming.
- Employee will provide appropriate answers to patron’s questions or will be helpful in directing the patrons to the appropriate source for answers.
- Employee will wear appropriate uniform at all times.
- Employee will attend staff meetings.
- Employee will always be prompt and prepared for scheduled hours.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities
- Employee will create enthusiasm and interest and be positive and supportive of the Streamwood Park District.
- Employee must maintain an appropriate customer service attitude.
- Employee will adhere to Streamwood Park District policies and procedures as described in Part-Time and Seasonal Personnel Policies Manual.
- Employee must perform all other duties as assigned and/or needed.
Rate of Pay:
$10.00 per hour plus gratuityBenefits We Offer
In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including:
- Fun working environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefits
If interested, please apply early. Recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately.The Streamwood Park District is an equal opportunity employer.