WANTED: A fun-loving Event professional who's excited to bring his/her passion for creating spectacular experiences to our local and international clients! Along with your love for traveling, the ideal Event Manager will be a self-starter with the ability to create, manage and coach high performing teams, demonstrate excellence through innovation, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the team?
The Events Manager is responsible for managing events across Virtual's client base. This position oversees the Events interns and helps triage work flow issues; works closely with the Event Coordinator, Event Specialist and Senior Director of Events as well as other staff to ensure the successful implementation of Virtual's client event services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and manage logistics of domestic and international meetings, conferences and events, trade shows and training courses, including venue selection, food and beverage planning, A/V arrangements, and coordination with the Marketing Department of event materials and communications.
- Ability to negotiate venue and hotel contracts and work with and manage outside vendors (General Service Contractors, DMC, photographers, AV directors, etc.).
- Create and manage event budgets and provide expert guidance in maximizing resources.
- Work with vendors to plan catering, audio/visual, promotional items, entertainment, photography, travel, hotel accommodations, etc. to ensure high quality events that remain within budget.
- Manage planning and development of programs, agendas, and services according to client requirements.
- Manage meetings in collaboration with program and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Travel onsite to events as needed to manage event operations.
- Oversee the set-up of online event registration systems.
- Keep current about new technology designed to support the planning process and improve the event experience.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to client/event requirements.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security. Consult with client to determine objectives and requirements for events.
- Review event bills for accuracy and approve payment.
- Assist with the development of event related marketing materials and conference web sites.
- Coordinate event insurance on behalf of the client (when needed).
- Work with event sponsors to ensure benefits are properly received and executed.
- Supervise interns and other team members as determined by Director.
- Management of Virtual internal staff/interns to include, if applicable:
o Additional Administrative Duties
- Function as a coach to less experienced team members on technical, operational, and team behavior issues; communicate information and champion excellence, responsible for performance management of direct reports.
- In conjunction with Director, determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes. Maintain an appropriate professional and office organizational structure, foster a success-oriented, mutually respectful, accountable work environment.
- Assume leadership role in preparation and management of event budgets for clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Four to ten years of experience managing U.S.-based and international events; CMP preferred;
- Three to five years management experience;
- Working knowledge of latest technology designed for events;
- Proven ability to create and manage budgets;
- Experience managing complex AV and technology contracts;
- Must be detail-oriented with effective organizational and project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Must be a self-starter with ability to create and manage and coach high performance teams, demonstrate excellence in organizational management, work well under pressure, and work independently and as a strong team player with Hands-on Events skills;
- Experience managing the marketing needs of events;
- Excellent customer-service and interpersonal skills;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- High level of creativity and "rolled up sleeves" working style;
- Flexibility to work independently and as a team player; Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and knowledgeable about Adobe;
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in hospitality management;
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as needed up to 35%;
- Experience working with multiple cultures across all time zones a plus.
ABOUT VIRTUAL INC:
We're a leading professional services firm focused on technology consortia and associations.Our clients include organizations led by companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft and more, as well as organizations that are tackling some of the biggest problems in the world today, from eating disorders, to space travel to noise pollution. We have decades of experience behind us but we're still growing fast, having fun, and doing new things every day.
For more information regarding our company's mission, our team and benefits visit our Careers Page.