POSITION: Part-Time Event Staff Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Operations and Event Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations & Event Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-Time Event Staff Supervisor at the Laredo Energy Arena. The Part-Time Event Staff Supervisor works with other supervisors and managers to ensure the efficient front of house operation during scheduled events.
* Assists other supervisors, managers, and upper management with all aspects of front of house operation including: ensuring guest satisfaction, addressing guest complaints, ensuring that event staff is compliant with SMG policies and procedures, ticket taking, controlling the crowd, ushering, parking, VIP service
* Assists in the immediate pre-event planning and organization as well as post-event reporting if necessary
* Delegates tasks and supervises employees in the front of house in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
* Assists in the training of employees in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
* Communicates with Events Department staff at all levels to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Strong communication and teamwork skills are a must
* Professional dress and demeanor required
* 1-2 years of supervisory experience or 1-2 years event services experience required
* Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) will be strongly preferred
* High school or GED required. A college will be preferred.
* Applicants must be willing to work irregular hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD TO APPLY
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled