DK Security is Michigan’s fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you join our team!DK Security is recruiting for the position of full-time Site Supervisor at the DeVos Place Convention Center and Performance Hall located in Grand Rapids, MI. You will find the job description listed below
TITLE: Uniform Security Site Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Uniform Security Officers & Event Staff Officers assigned to site
- Rate of Pay: $14.00-$15.00/ hour
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, On & Off The Job Accident, Short Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401K.
1st Shift (0800-1600) Monday-Friday
*Shift Times May Vary and MUST have ability to fill in on all shifts*
40+ hours/week (full-time)
SCOPE: The Site Supervisor is responsible for the overall security and event staff management operations of the site location and the supervision and leadership of approximately 10-15 assigned security officers, as well as the Event Supervisors and Officers. This site location requires uniformed security services during 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift; including weekends and holidays; and additional event staff management services during sporting events, concerts, trade shows, etc. The Site Supervisor will provide leadership with managing employees, scheduling, payroll processing, meeting client needs, and all other duties as it relates to the needs of the site. The Site Supervisor is responsible for contributing to the overall goals and direction of our clients and the company as a whole.
- Billable: Work 40+ hours per week in a billable, uniform supervisor capacity. The vast majority of the position is operational, requiring the supervisor to maintain a personal presence throughout the facility and becoming recognized by and approachable to personnel and visitors.
- Supervision: Direct, supervise, and manage subordinates in the execution of appropriate strategies, consistent with law, Client and Company policy, and accepted security standards that maintain a safe, secure and orderly decorum in support of the stated organizational mission.
- Site Training: Oversee the training of all assigned officers and ensure they are appropriately and thoroughly carrying out all duties outlined in the site’s post guidelines. Will be responsible for ensuring all new hire complete the required training, and all training is adequately documented prior to arriving on base. Will be responsible for tracking individual certifications and expiration dates to ensure all officers are meeting our minimum requirements at all times.
- Officer Grooming: Ensure the appearance, grooming and physical image of all uniform security employees and event staff employees assigned to site are impeccable at all times.
- Site Post Orders: Maintain updated post guidelines for the security operations of the site and meet with client and operations manager (at minimum) annually to jointly review and update guidelines.
- Client Communication: Maintain regular communication with the designated client contact, follow through with client requests and keep operations manager updated as to client communication.
- Scheduling: Schedule all security officer shifts 3 weeks in advance, without overtime (unless previously approved by operations manager). Determine if scheduling will accommodate time off requests and approve time off as appropriate.
- Customer Service: Understand and require the performance of DK’s customer service GIFTS program with all assigned officers.
- Payroll: Approve time sheets and ensure they are submitted weekly within company deadlines.
- Hiring: Will work, in coordination with the Recruiting Department, to ensure the site location is adequately staffed. Will perform on-site interviews and authorize hiring decisions for the location.
- Discipline: Implement progressive disciplinary actions for subordinate violations of Company or Client Policy as necessary, in strict accordance with established company policy after consultation and direction from Human Resources. No employee will be disciplined, suspended or discharged without consultation and input from the Operations Manager and Human Resources (who will in return ensure all other appropriate parties are informed.)
- Performance Appraisals: Complete objective, performance based, written appraisals of subordinates based on published Post Order or Position Descriptions of subordinates within 14 days of the anniversary date (if applicable).
- Incident Reports: Review and approve all written reports of investigation generated by assigned personnel. Such review shall insure that the report accurately and concisely documents all incidents/accidents that occur on property owned, controlled or maintained by the client and have been submitted in the proper format within 48 hours.
- Site Equipment and Uniforms: Maintain an inventory of and report problems associated with DK and client owned equipment and uniforms.
- On-Call: Be available at all times to receive calls from subordinates with site questions while the officers are on duty and handle unexpected scheduling issues (sick employees). The supervisor will be provided with a monthly phone allowance to handle such off-hours matters. The supervisor is ultimately responsible for filling all shifts with the assistance of the Operations Managers.
- The daily duties of this position are determined by the client and may vary depending upon the needs of the site / client contact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must have high school diploma/GED. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old or older.
- Must have a valid, State of Michigan driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- At least 2 years of experience in supervision or law enforcement, military, or security is preferred.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public. Experience in customer service is a plus!
- Experience in writing employee work schedules is preferred.
- Must fluently speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as a minimum.
- Must possess excellent computer skills; specifically, in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have impeccable grooming, while meeting the standards of our Appearance and Grooming policy.
- Must have a flexible schedule and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Note: Internal Candidates with an active disciplinary action in his/her personnel file will NOT be considered for this position.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security’s job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.
M/F EEO/AA Employer