Mitchell is a trusted software and service provider to the Property & Casualty Claims and collision repair industries as well as risk management professionals. We provide technology and services that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions with best in class clinical management and cost containment solutions. Our recent merger with Genex brings together two industry leaders in software and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to the customers, partners and markets we serve. We offer a complete suite of technology enabled solutions, and a proven managed care service mix, allowing us to deliver better outcomes to our clients for their businesses, their employees and their customers.
Events and Communications Marketing Coordinator: This will be a junior hybrid role (3-5 years) that supports events (registration support – hotel block and registration management, tradeshow logistics, events communications, internal event management – all hands coordination, small meeting logistics, and holiday events, etc), communications (assist with writing and editing of external corporate communications, internal articles and social media posts), as well as light administrative support for Corporate Marketing to include PO and contract process management. It’s a great opportunity for a marketer that is looking to grow their career and gain exposure to various aspects of marketing. The priority is events experience and the desire is to find someone that also has a knack for communications.
Events and Communications Marketing Coordinator
The Events Coordinator will provide logistical and administrative support for corporate-level events to by optimizing and strictly managing expenses while meeting business, sales, and marketing objectives and expectations.
The Events Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all necessary research, planning, space reservations, travel arrangements, hotel room blocks/accommodations, catering, meeting media facilities are in place as necessary to enable Mitchell to achieve its objectives for each event efficiently and within specified budgetary constraints. Strong personal skills are required with the ability to manage and effectively communicate both internally as well as externally with outside vendors. The Event Marketing Coordinator shares responsibility for managing the event calendar, developing and presenting project and expense plans and proposals, site selection research, contract process support , pre and onsite show logistics, as well as composed appropriate communications and configuration/graphic representation for each show. This role shall also provide general administrative support to corporate marketing team for accounting and contract processes as well as general communications and writing. Social media experience a benefit. Experience planning quality meetings and events and successfully managing multiple projects at one time are essential to the success of this position.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Research, evaluate and make recommendations regarding meeting sites, venues, hotels and conference centers using the Internet and other resources.
- Assist the events manager with developing event themes, program formats, budgets, staffing schedules and communication materials.
- Provide support at corporate events, national sales training meetings, customer road shows and user group meetings held both locally and throughout the nation.
- Lead the coordination of internal meetings and events for employee programs in the workplace.
- Manage vendor and internal relationships including coordination of payment of corporate sponsorships and association membership dues.
- Coordinate room layout and set-up, equipment requirements, agendas, handouts, materials and other supplies with presenters.
- Organize equipment, marketing brochures, customer giveaways, staff uniforms and other supplies for shipment to tradeshow locations in advance.
- Submit purchase requests and contracts on behalf of marketing department with strong understanding of company processes, budgeting and accounting practices.
- Manages the development of event communications, agenda, promotional materials, online registration, show guides, signage, giveaways/awards, food and beverage orders, entertainment, décor, and audio visual needs.
- Oversees and manages show or program logistics (shipping, labor, ordering of show services, staffing, room blocks, securing booth space)
- Audit, reconcile, and process invoices and initiate inter-company cross-charges and post event analysis and reporting on results and cost.
- Establish and maintain custom online registration websites using Mitchell’s preferred SaaS tool – training on the tool and site requirements will be provided – experience managing registration tools preferred.
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date program materials of sites specifics, locations and accommodations of different venues.
- Create or review communications content tailored to multiple audiences. Content may include emails, announcements, articles, newsletters, SharePoint content, presentations, videos and training.
Education: Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business, communications, public relations, marketing or event management or equivalent experience.
Prior Experience: At least 3-5 years of experience in a fast-paced corporate event management (programs and/or tradeshows) or related environment working on or managing simultaneous projects. Experience with event and tradeshow management from program proposal to onsite operations is a must.
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.