Mitchell & Genex have Merged
Mitchell is a trusted software and service provider to the Property & Casualty Claims and collision repair industries as well as risk management professionals. We provide technology and services that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions with best in class clinical management and cost containment solutions. Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers.
Together, we bring two industry leaders in software and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to the customers, partners and markets we serve. We offer a complete suite of technology enabled solutions, and a proven managed care service mix, allowing us to deliver better outcomes to our clients for their businesses, their employees and their customers.
Events and Marketing Coordinator: This will be a more junior role (3-5 years experience) that supports events (registration support – hotel block and registration management, tradeshow logistics, events communications, internal event management – all hands coordination, small meeting logistics, and holiday events, etc), communications (assist with writing and editing of external corporate communications, internal articles and social media posts), as well as project management and light administrative support for Corporate Marketing to include PO and contract process management. It’s a great opportunity for a marketer that is looking to grow their career and gain exposure to various aspects of marketing. The priority is events experience and the desire is to find someone that also has a knack for organization and communication.
Core Role Requirements Summary:
· Registration support – hotel block and registration management
· Tradeshow, events communications
· Internal event management – all hands coordination, small meeting logistics, and holiday events
· Project management for corporate initiatives and support.
· Administrative support for Corporate marketing group to include PO and contract process management
· Assist with writing and editing of corporate communications internal articles and social media posts.
· Internal meeting coordination support.
Events and Marketing Coordinator
The Events Coordinator will provide logistical and administrative support for corporate-level events to by optimizing and strictly managing expenses while meeting business, sales, and marketing objectives and expectations.
The Events Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all necessary research, planning, space reservations, travel arrangements, hotel room blocks/accommodations, catering, meeting media facilities are in place as necessary to enable Mitchell to achieve its objectives for each event efficiently and within specified budgetary constraints. Strong personal skills are required with the ability to manage and effectively communicate both internally as well as externally with outside vendors. The Event Marketing Coordinator shares responsibility for managing the event calendar, developing and presenting project and expense plans and proposals, site selection research, contract process support , pre and onsite show logistics, as well as composed appropriate communications and configuration/graphic representation for each show. This role shall also provide general administrative support to corporate marketing team for corporate projects, accounting and contract processes as well as general communications and writing. Social media experience a benefit. Experience planning quality meetings and events and successfully managing multiple projects at one time are essential to the success of this position.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Research, evaluate and make recommendations regarding meeting sites, venues, hotels and conference centers using the Internet and other resources.
- Assist the events manager with developing event themes, program formats, budgets, staffing schedules and communication materials.
- Provide support at corporate events, national sales training meetings, customer road shows and user group meetings held both locally and throughout the nation.
- Lead the coordination of internal meetings and events for employee programs in the workplace.
- Coordinate room layout and set-up, equipment requirements, agendas, handouts, materials and other supplies with presenters.
- Organize equipment, marketing brochures, customer giveaways, staff uniforms and other supplies for shipment to tradeshow locations in advance.
- Submit purchase requests and contracts on behalf of marketing department with strong understanding of company processes, budgeting and accounting practices.
- Manages the development of event communications, agenda, promotional materials, online registration, show guides, signage, giveaways/awards, food and beverage orders, entertainment, décor, and audio visual needs.
- Assist with show or program logistics (shipping, labor, ordering of show services, staffing, room blocks, securing booth space)
- Establish and maintain custom online registration websites using Mitchell’s preferred SaaS tool – training on the tool and site requirements will be provided – experience managing registration tools preferred.
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date program materials of sites specifics, locations and accommodations of different venues.
- Create or review communications content tailored to multiple audiences. Content may include emails, announcements, articles, newsletters, SharePoint content, presentations, videos and training.
Education: Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business, communications, public relations, marketing or event management or equivalent experience.
Prior Experience: At least 3-5 years of experience in a fast-paced corporate event management (programs and/or tradeshows) or related environment working on or managing simultaneous projects. Experience with event and tradeshow management from program proposal to onsite operations is a must.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess an acute attention to detail, creativity and professionalism.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills and travel management experience is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaborate effectively as part of a larger planning team.
- Knowledge of registration software and tools a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible.
- Light level of travel required. Less than 15% of time.
Written Abilities: Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate confidently with executive level professionals both from within the company and other external parties.
Technical Experience: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, MS Word, and PowerPoint, is required. Proficient at Microsoft Excel for expense forecasting and budget management. Ideally some experience with Aventri, Cvent or other SaaS registration management system is a plus.
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.