At Prairie Berry, we’re committed to quality, authenticity, learning, growth, and innovation. We’ve learned that an attitude of gratitude and humbleness makes our business better. We work as a team, cheering each other on, creating fun and making laughter part of every day. We know success is not about today. We strive to make decisions that will brighten the future, not just of Prairie Berry, but of nature and the world. Ultimately, our success depends on balance. We strive for balance in nature and in meeting the needs of the company, co-workers, and family.
The Events Server is responsible for assisting with the coordination, set up and tear down of all Prairie Berry hosted events. This position exceeds the expectations of our customers by offering professional food and beverage service, sharing knowledge about Prairie Berry’s products and facilities and engaging with guests in an authentic and positive manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist events staff with Prairie Berry event set-up and tear-down
- Follow event opening and closing checklists
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed in daily operations.
- Serve wine and food to special event guests while following serving guidelines
- Stock all beverages, supplies and retail products needed for special events.
- Ensure all health code requirements are met during the course of service
- Ensure high-quality standards are being met providing a great experience for those in attendance.
- Positively respond to requests for assistance from co-workers, supervisors, and customers
- Notice when help is needed and assist in all areas of the Kitchen including dishwashing and food prep
- Flexibility to work in other Prairie Berry departments or on special projects
Qualifications and Skills
- In order to serve alcohol, must be at least 21 years of age but not required to serve food at events
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Works in a team environment and performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s policies
- Works weekends and holidays and displays flexibility in scheduling to ensure staffing needs are met
- Great guest service
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Is passionate about their work
- Is self-motivated, especially under pressure
- Likes to have fun at work
Benefits and Perks
- Starting Wage of $10.50 with the potential to earn additional tips
- Commuting Subsidy for 20+ miles
- Other benefits offered through the Marketplace
- Employee Discounts