Who We Are
At HUB International, we are a team of entrepreneurs. We believe in empowering our clients, and we do so by protecting businesses and individuals in our local communities. We help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to their needs. We believe in empowering our employees. As a global firm, we offer employees resources in both technology and industry expertise, but we still maintain the local flavor of our offices. Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture.
HUB is the 5th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 11,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions
What We Offer You
At HUB International we want you to achieve an even work-life balance, and our benefits package allows you to manage your health, wellness, and financial future. HUB International will foster your learning, support your endeavors, and encourage your growth. We provide opportunities for career-driven individuals to move upward in our organization. Our successes breed your opportunity!
Benefits you may enjoy working at HUB International Midwest-East:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision (PPO, HMO, and HSA)
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Plans
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick, and Personal Time Off
- Spending Accounts
- Parking and transit expense
- Pet Insurance
- Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Onboarding Program
- Continuing Education / Personal Development Programs
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Employee Engagement Events
- Dress for Your Day Dress-Code
- "HUB Bucks" Rewards Program
- Service Awards
The EVP of Employee Benefits is responsible for the overall vision and growth of the employee benefits department for HUB Midwest East. This individual takes responsibility for establishing an effective leadership team to drive organizational growth through both new sales and strong customer retention. The individual will make strategic & financial decisions to deliver consistent sustainable growth in top line revenue, bottom line profitability, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement.
Job Responsibilities :
- Sets and communicates department vision
- Meets Operational standards outlined by HUB-MWE and Hub Corporate
- Maintains a healthy and effective Employee Benefits Leadership Team and conducts weekly L10 meetings, quarterly rock setting, and annual planning sessions
- Keeps department Accountability chart updated, regularly reviews for best structure for the region.
- Develops relationships with EB sales team members, regularly solicits feedback
- Works closely with CSO to insure consistent sale of what we do, and being able to do what we sell
- Leadership, management and accountability for sales support employees(AE's, AM's, AAM's, Shared Client Resources) and functions within the departments
- Champions communication of goals, vision, and procedures developed by the leadership teams within the employee benefits channel
- Works with the Director of Commercial Lines Operations and Director of Personal Lines Operations to insure consistency and maximize multi-business unit success and cross sell.
- Actively communicates with or visits prominent EB clients on a planned periodic basis to determine level of satisfaction and/or any additional service needs
- Responsible for culture alignment with region within channel.
- Facilitation and accountability for the Critical Path Process.
- Creates and directs a consistent workflow for new and renewal retention, works with the ORM and Employee Benefits Leadership Team to create and develop regular reporting of key metrics and performance measures.
- Works with Accounting, Human Resources, and others to manage employees and implement regional projects and directives
- Develops best practices for leveraging standard technology platform and tools such as Benefitpoint, Zywave, Employee Navigator and others
- Facilitate training employees on duties, expectations, standards, policies and audits and reviews these areas regularly as set by standards
- Reviews employees workload and makes recommendations for hiring or consolidation of workloads or staffing when necessary
- Conducts annual performance reviews for all direct reports and assists in annual budgeting and ongoing operational expense monitoring for all locations/departments.
- Immediately and effectively addresses and resolves employee performance concerns utilizing Regional Human Resources and Operations resources as necessary
- Coordinates time off within departments to ensure service level and appropriate reporting of time off
- Assures client service standards are being met
- Carrier Liaison - manages and maintains carrier relationships in conjunction with the CMO
- Determination : Unsatisfied until we are the best.
- Ownership : Responsible to each other, our clients and our goals.
- Teamwork : Together we attain greater success.
- Sincerity: Direct and caring communication.
- BA or BS preferred; or equivalent industry experience with groups
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience; some agency experience preferred
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Strong experience leading and managing a staff of Account Executives, Account Managers, and supporting staff
- Active Life, Accident, Health and HMO desired
- Attainment of advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC, CPCU)
- Ability to travel 20% of time to outer offices and clients, with occasional overnight travel required
- Strong financial acumen
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.