We are looking for an Executive Vice President / Senior Vice President to join our Public Affairs team. The ideal candidate is a seasoned communicator who thrives in an environment where collaboration, creativity and curiosity are valued. You have experience architecting brand level campaigns across multiple disciplines including crisis communications, public affairs, and executive communications. You're passionate about some of the biggest public policy issues facing global companies today such as privacy, cybersecurity, immigration, regulatory affairs and building a skilled workforce.
You are a thought leader and a communications trailblazer who shapes the voice of the world’s top brands. Being bold, taking risks and pushing boundaries is your first love; skillfully navigating a complex business environment and strategically counseling clients across geographies is second nature. You have a passion for client service, staff development and the wide world of influence, as well as a keen interest in relationship building, in audience and in measuring results. WE employees are driven by passion for innovations that are transforming the world around us. Proudly independent, we answer only to clients and employees. We think freely, plan strategically, act nimbly and WE have fun. This role will report into the Executive Vice President of Brand Purpose and Reputation.
Client and Business Management
- Develop and implement strategic communications proposals to advance and defend a client’s brand identity, improve corporate reputation, broaden awareness of its programs and commitments, and tell a cohesive global story across multiple audiences.
- Act as an effective advisor to senior clients on key issues impacting their company, their employees, customers and shareholders.
- Foster on-going, valuable relationships with influencers, serving as a critical connection between thought leaders, advocacy groups and client stakeholders
- Demonstrate deep understanding of a range of public policy issues effecting Fortune 500 brands, particularly in WE’s chosen sectors of Technology, Consumer and Healthcare
Agency and Team Leadership
- Contribute to the expansion of WE's corporate communications offerings and opportunities in the areas of public affairs, crisis communications and executive platforms
- Collaborate and partner with global business leads to expand offerings and develop new business opportunities
- Act as an ambassador for the agency in public forums and networking opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Policy or similar applicable field is preferred
- At least 12 to 15 years of experience in Public Relations/Public Affairs – in an agency and/or corporate environment.
- Deep understanding of wide range of communications channels, tools and vehicles spanning paid, owned and earned platforms, including social platforms
- A sense of urgency, the ability to deal with ambiguous situations, a strategic view but also willing to roll up your sleeves and dig in to the work to drive impact
- Highly collaborative, diplomatic, ability to influence others, persuasive approach
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Significant success in leading and inspiring other senior leaders and cultivating and retaining large, cross-functional teams
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.