Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Columbus we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Operates carpet shampooer and buffer
- Ensures appropriate chemicals are used when cleaning and mixes appropriate chemicals
- Responsible for moving furniture and cleaning of assigned areas
- Maintains and cleans machines after use
- Reports any problems to Environmental Housekeeping Supervisor
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Mops, scrubs, rinses and polishes hard floors
- Moves, rearranges and cleans furniture
- Operates and controls all mechanical equipment including rotary machines, blowers and back vacuums
- Recognizes and uses appropriate chemicals
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all guests
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Schedule: 3rd shift, 11:00pm-7:30am
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
- One month of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to operate shampooing and sweeping equipment
- Must perform duties with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to work as a team with other employees
- Ability to use and control various mechanical equipment
- Ability to tilt head back and look up
- Ability to perform frequent, circular motions with hands and/or arms
- Visual range must include near and far distances
- Ability to maneuver in small, limited spaces
- Ability to use ladders, as well as clean ground level areas
- Ability to transport all supplies to and from work areas
- Must be able to maneuver up and down stairs and reach above shoulder level
- Must be able to tolerate cleaning chemicals without developing an allergic reaction
- Must be able to work in areas containing second-hand smoke
- Must be able to operate equipment, including: vacuum cleaners, floor machines, carpet extractors, mop and broom
- Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals and be able to handle chemical fumes and airborne particles (on occasion)
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to walk, stand, and work on hand and knees for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, climb, kneel, feel, and crouch
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer