Healthcare Management Solutions, LLC (HMS) has immediate openings for Exception Analysts in the Columbia, MD office. This position is responsible for retrieving, recording, and distributing the daily workload, as part of a contractor team delivering services in support of the customer.
- Prepare workload each morning for team members by retrieving all scanned documentation such as remittance advices, checks, and reports from databases and U.S. Treasury sites
- Record workload daily into the tracking log to inform team members of total work received, closed, or the status of pending requests
- Research and resolve remittance exceptions to ensure monies received are posted to the correct beneficiary account
- Communicate, as needed, with beneficiaries, financial institutions or issuers of payments. Document all pertinent conversations
- Review and process Returned Checks by confirming original remittances were received and were posted accurately to beneficiary record before reversing payment
- Schedule and prepare materials for monthly customer management meetings
- Prepare and mail correspondence, as needed, to beneficiaries and/or banking institutions
- Serve as backup support for any ad hoc administrative duties
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Very good communication skills
- Legible handwriting
- Three years work experience, preferably in healthcare
- Medicare knowledge preferred
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
- High School graduate with an Associate degree or greater preferred and three years of relevant work experience (preferably in a healthcare field) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
To apply: Please submit a current resume at www.hcmsllc.com by selecting the CAREERS tab located at the top right side of the website. For additional information on this position, please contact the HMS Human Resources Department via email: email@example.com.
Healthcare Management Solutions, LLC has established an Affirmative Action Plan. HMS is deeply committed to the concept and practices associated with equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment. HMS makes clear that all applicants will be treated without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other protected characteristics under applicable law.
This company does not tolerate unlawful discrimination in its employment practices. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.
HMS is an EEO/AA/E-Verify compliant employer.