For nearly four decades, Amgen has been at the forefront of providing the oncology and hematology communities with novel therapies that have changed patients’ lives. We have pioneered five first-in-class oncology and hematology medicines including, Neupogen®, Nplate®, XGEVA®, BLINCYTO® and IMLYGIC®. We are building upon our solid oncology foundation and long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules – and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.Today, Amgen is advancing the largest early Oncology pipeline in our history spanning several innovative technology platforms – Bispecific T Cell Engagers (BiTE®s), CAR Ts, Bispecific Antibodies, Oncolytic Viruses, Neoantigen Vaccine and Small Molecules – across many targets and more than a dozen tumor types. Many of these innovative modalities/technologies are not only firsts for Amgen, but also for the entire biotechnology field. By joining our team, you will help us seize the opportunities that come with paving new roads – roads that ultimately lead to directly serving oncology patients.
The Executive Director and Global Product Strategy & Commercial Innovation (GPS&CI) Lead, Multiple Myeloma Immuno-Oncology is a critical role in the Global Product Strategy & Commercial Innovation (GPS&CI) organization that has a significant impact on products at all stages of the product lifecycle. This Global Marketing Leader (GML) is responsible for maximizing the value of assets and developing successful global brands and franchises by providing commercial guidance on development stage assets, driving global brand strategies, developing and implementing global launch planning, optimizing the impact of marketing budgets, managing the lifecycle of marketed products and supporting business development efforts to license and acquire external assets.
The Executive Director and Global Product Strategy & Commercial Innovation (GPS&CI) Lead, Multiple Myeloma Immuno-Oncology position is complex and demanding and will require a strong commercial executive with excellent strategic thinking and marketing capabilities, strong analytical skills and scientific literacy, superior cross-functional collaboration skills, the ability to operate globally and locally, and highly effective influencing skills. Success in this critical role will result in significant professional growth and advancement at Amgen.
Key responsibilities of this position:
The Executive Director and Global Product Strategy & Commercial Innovation (GPS&CI) Lead, Multiple Myeloma Immuno-Oncology serves as primary Global Commercial Operations (GCO) interface with Research & Development and Operations. You will provide commercial leadership and “one GCO voice” throughout launch and the lifecycle of the product and serve as a center of excellence for disseminating GCO best practices across regions.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Key contributor of the Product Team (PT)
- Leadership of the Insight and Brand Platform Team
- Development and execution of Global Commercial Plan (GCP) and product launch
- Ensuring that Amgen maximize the value its pipeline and inline brands
- Leading all GPS&CI activities for assigned brands consistent with agreed GPS&CI processes
- Provide Commercial input on Business Development efforts
- Manage and coordinate with our Partners
Key activities and accountabilities include the following:
- Communicate commercial vision for the product
- Ensure timeliness and quality of key commercial inputs
- Forge strong relationships and cross-functional collaboration and regional collaboration
- Represent commercial interests on Research Project Teams and licensing teams
- Manage Insight and Brand Platform Team
- Lead development and implementation of Global Commercial Plan
- Communicate regional interests to create consolidated and integrated global marketing
perspective – “one GCO voice”
- Responsible for approval from Commercial Review Board (CRB) for cross regional tradeoffs
- Ensure Insight and Brand Platform Team members including regions and functions deliver upon the GCP
- Facilitate high quality and timely cross regional product specific knowledge and best
- Create and oversee execution of global market research strategy
- Establish and maintain core positioning and branding and ensure this is executed globally
- Set/coordinate global pre-launch market development strategy
- Develop market forecasts
- Co-development of documentation and portal materials and presentations
- Manage GPS&CI budget in support of the above
- Doctorate degree & 6 years of global marketing experience OR
- Master’s degree & 10 years of global marketing experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 12 years of global marketing experience AND
- 6 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Oncology experience in hematology and/or solid tumors. Immuno-oncology experience is most preferred, but other oncology experience is also useful.
- At least eight years of experience and a track record of success in a series of commercial roles of increasing scope, scale and complexity, with leading companies in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience developing and implementing innovative global marketing and commercial strategies for pipeline products, successfully launching therapeutic products and repositioning products to maximize commercial value. Prior experience launching oncology products is highly desirable.
- Experience in commercial positions with global responsibilities is important. Experience living and working outside the United States is highly desirable. Possesses an understanding of broad, global market dynamics and the cultural awareness and sensitivity to form relationships and work effectively with colleagues around the world.
- Broad therapeutic area expertise. Has worked in diverse commercial roles supporting several different disease states, on products in various stages of the lifecycle, with a diverse set of customers in challenging and competitive markets.
- Experience in a tactical, “line” marketing role, implementing marketing strategies in local markets, is a plus.
- Understanding of global market access, pricing and reimbursement issues.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment, managing global projects involving multiple functions and shared accountabilities.
- Experience supporting product licensing and acquisition transactions. Has contributed commercial expertise in evaluating internal assets and prioritizing external opportunities. Has supported transactions by conducting due diligence, evaluating market dynamics, contributing modeling assumptions, and assisting with valuation.
- An MBA or advanced scientific degree (PhD, MS, MD, PharmD) is strongly preferred.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.