Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to be a part of technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career that changes lives.
Medtronic is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Check out the accomplishments of our Women in IT group! http://bit.ly/MedtronicWomeninIT
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
Provide expert and proficient administrative support to the Vice President, Global Clinical Research & Analytics. Independently perform complex and diverse administrative duties while taking a proactive approach to anticipate and meet needs. Daily activities require cultural sensitivity when interacting with high-level contacts inside and outside the company. Candidate will have regular exposure to sensitive information requiring considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
• Serves as liaison between Global Clinical, Research & Analytics, Groups/Business Units, Regions, functions, employees, candidates and external stakeholders and organizations. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills in handling sensitive and confidential information in a variety of situations.
• Works independently, anticipating next steps, taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgment to ensure the executive is well-prepared for all elements of her daily and weekly schedule. Demonstrates learning agility and is able to pivot to accomplish tasks and assignments quickly.
• Identifies issues and uses effective problem-solving techniques, tact and discretion in managing a variety of situations. Independently identifies reasonable alternatives and recommends alternative approaches to Vice President or others.
• Develops effective professional relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. A thorough understanding of external contacts is required to handle requests and provide comprehensive and timely response and service.
• Performs various administrative duties including research, travel arrangements (including comprehensive international travel), meeting scheduling/calendar management, candidate interviews and expense reporting.
• Provides administrative support for complex meetings, demonstrating capability in audio conferences, video conferences, and a mastery of other technology as needed. Plans, prepares and coordinates special meetings including agendas, meeting materials, logistics, action items, travel and catering.
• Drafts correspondence, reports, and forms. Demonstrates effective cultural sensitivity in titles and names and superior usage of grammar, formatting and identifying errors.
• Assists with the development, implementation and administration of projects and procedures, including presentations to the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Senior Leaders and key external stakeholders.
• Acts as an information resource on organizational policies and procedures.
• Prioritizes and executes special projects as needed.
• Responsible for processing expense reports in a timely manner and across multiple currencies.
• Ability to travel as needed (<5%).
North America-United States-Minnesota
MUST HAVE (Minimum Qualifications)
• High school diploma
• 10+ years of administrative and office-related experience
• 5+ years of executive-level administrative support
• Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Webex, Video Conferencing, BOX, SharePoint or similar software
• Experience making travel arrangements, including international travel
NICE TO HAVE (Preferred Qualifications)
• Previous Medtronic experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Workday experience
• Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills
• Flexible and agile in a constantly changing environment
• Exercises independent judgment and discretion
• Ability to interact effectively with senior level executives both internally and externally
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment
• Good analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to balance multiple time-sensitive tasks
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficient in Outlook and WebEx
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.