Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiac care specialists – increasing collaboration and care coordination – all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
This Executive Administrative Assistant Contributes to the overall success of Hartford Hospital and the Hartford Health Care system by providing multi-dimensional complex administrative support to a senior executive officer in a manner which requires self-direction, creativity, and independent and discretionary judgment. Reports to the Executive Vice President/Senior Vice President.
• Provides efficient, accurate, and timely administrative support to contribute to the success of the area. Creates and prepares reports and correspondence using most advanced PC skills. Prepares summaries and analyses of information including the consolidation of input from reporting units. Coordinates completion of projects and information gathering activities of reporting areas. Vast latitude for independent judgment and action on assigned responsibilities, and to act on behalf of the senior executive to initiate activities and resolve issues. Screens correspondence and visitors, schedule appointments, organize meetings, and make travel arrangements. Maintains selected files for senior executive. Participates in activities dealing with sensitive and confidential issues and information involving Human Resources, Marketing, Finance or other issues impacting the organization and the system.
• Performs various responsibilities that contribute to the smooth flow of information within the area, and to and from customers and other areas. Responds to complex inquiries regarding own work. Initiates proactive and independent research, action, and communications with regard to activities of the senior executive. Takes action based on independent judgment, understanding the impact across the organization. Involves others both within and outside the area as needed, or refers to a higher authority when appropriate.
• Performs or coordinates varied and complex processes and determine the most appropriate methods and procedures. May facilitate, coordinate, or oversee the work of others. Requires planning, analysis and judgment to achieve desired outcomes. Provide direction and training to others as necessary.
• Contributes to the success of the work area by coordinating or performing a variety of administrative duties that require the use of office machines to accomplish a desired outcome. Determines appropriate means and modifies procedures as required. Maintains unit files in a complete, accurate, and timely fashion in accordance with the standards of the work area, suggests changes to system to meet changing needs. Frequently assigns work to others.
• Works effectively as a team member within the area and with customers to provide quality service to hospital units through communication, cooperation and collaboration
• Assumes responsibility for self-improvement by collaborating with the senior executive to identify growth opportunities and resources.
• High School diploma required. Associates degree preferred
• Three years previous management level secretarial experience involving Human Resources, Marketing or Finance with an additional two years of education beyond High School required.
• Proficiency in the Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• High degree of confidentiality
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.