Why American Express?
American Express is looking for a high-performing Executive Administration Assistant to support a senior leader in the technology space. Successful candidate will possess excellent critical thinking skills and demonstrate acumen in navigating a complex network of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. Necessary skills include: understanding the prioritization of requests, ability to make sound decisions in the absence of supervision, being open to asking clarifying questions and learning, ability to anticipate or recognize problems and refer them immediately to the right person for resolution, willingness and enthusiasm for team work and collaboration, ability to act as liaison between leader, team and colleagues across the Blue Box.
- Organization and maintenance of calendars, managing across senior leaders of AXP, multiple time zones, and international markets.
- Organizing internal and external meetings including team events, making all necessary arrangements including calendar coordination, booking rooms and arranging catering.
- Timely payroll management including data collection, entry and updates.
- Facilitate and manage travel arrangements (air, hotel, transfers, and visas).
- Maintain various spreadsheets and/or databases for tracking purposes, including department financial tracking and reconciliation.
- Distribution lists and organization chart maintenance.
- Ensuring timely preparation. Processing and submission of expense reports and invoices in Concur.
- Ad hoc requests and project work for the overall team, as required.
- 5+ years’ experience in an Executive Administrative Assistant role is preferred.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Outlook (calendaring, multiple mailboxes, WebEx, Telepresence).
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel (MS Suite) to create or edit documents.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently learn and upskill on new collaboration tools that are critical to be efficient on the job (e.g. WebEx, Skype, Slack).
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated, but understands the need to be a team player.
- Knowledge of American Express processes and internal systems (Concur, Global Procurement, Payroll) is a must.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.