This position reports directly to the General Manager and requires a bright, hard working, personable and highly professional individual responsible for managing corporate event planning and hospitality. The Executive Administrator provides support to the GM including managing calendars, scheduling travel itineraries, and special projects. Performs advanced, diversified, and confidential duties that may be administrative in nature or project based. Work requires broad and comprehensive skills and a thorough knowledge of organization policies and practices.
This position executes administrative duties which will support the efficient operation of all departments within PBI where required, with a specialized focus on managing administrative expenses. Creates a positive, enjoyable work environment through managing all event planning and logistics, including annual summer picnic and holiday party, corporate team building activities, and employee training/development. This position also manages all branch hospitality, including ordering lunches, coordinating dinner reservations, drafting visitor agendas, planning meeting logistics, and any other company-wide hospitality needs. This role also supports the corporate HR recruitment process by scheduling onsite candidate interviews and and travel arrangements as needed. A wide degree of creativity and latitude for this position is expected.
Note: The employee in this position typically works in our office. Given the current circumstances with the coronavirus pandemic, the employee in this role will, initially, primarily work remotely from home—there may be times when a visit to the office is necessary, and some training may take place in person at an offsite location while properly socially distanced. Thus, please plan to have an effective and safe work space until a time when it is safe to return to the office.
We will utilize local, California, and CDC guidelines to assist us in determining when we can safely return all remote-working employees to the office, in addition to utilizing our own guidelines we have developed as an essential employer.
1. Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years experience in administration.
2. Experience in navigating support of an executive in a fast-paced work environment with a demonstrated ability to anticipate the needs of the General Manager and team with a strong focus on customer service.
3. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. This position requires a great deal of interaction with a variety of people within the company as well as with customers.
4. Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office programs, with focus on Excel and Outlook; should have intermediate-to-advanced comprehension of Outlook as an email and calendar tool.
5. Highly organized, attention to detail and follow-up. Ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple projects.
6. Cooperative and friendly. Able to accept work from a variety of people and maintain a positive and motivated attitude.
7. Can-do attitude; must be proactive and solution-oriented, looking for ways to add value and assist the team.
8. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
9. Must have the ability to handle frequent interruptions and telephone calls and return with full focus to the task at hand.
10. Demonstrated ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative, professional manner.
1. Experience working with Microsoft Sharepoint.
2. Experience working with SAP.
3. General understanding of finance and accounting functions.
4. Event planning or corporate hospitality experience.
1. Provides high level administrative support to the company president, including special projects, preparing presentations, etc.
2. General clerical functions including but not limited to daily front desk administration, including answering the telephone and welcoming visitors.
3. Supports the Accounting Department by managing paperwork for corporate credit cards, filing documents as needed, and contacting vendors as needed.
4. Coordinates hospitality functions for the company. This includes conference room scheduling, coordination of company events, lunches, parties, arranging guest travel, hotel accommodations, rental cars, restaurant reservations, etc.
5. Supports HR and Corporate Responsibility Department as needed.
6. Supports the recruitment process by scheduling onsite candidate interviews and and travel arrangements as needed.
7. Oversees front office management including but not limited to: distributing daily mail, maintaining office supplies, managing company website and employee perks (dry cleaning, car washes, discount programs, etc.), and various clerical tasks/general administrative support to all departments as assigned.
8. All employees must complete assigned duties in a safe manner, thoroughly familiarizing themselves with safety concerns, such as wearing necessary protective clothing, including safety glasses, chemical resistant gloves, etc. All employees are required to attend regularly scheduled safety and hazard communication meetings.
1. Ability to frequently and accurately communicate verbally with customers via the telephone.
2. Ability to work with computer equipment frequently, along with operation of office copiers, facsimile and other office equipment.
3. Occasionally move objects ranging in weight of up to 30 pounds.
4. Ability to move about the facility including transiting stairs.
Promega Biosciences, located in San Luis Obispo, blends innovative research in chemistry with excellence in manufacturing to meet the rapidly changing needs of the scientific community. We synthesize and manufacture essential reagents to help Promega succeed as a life science leader.
Our areas of expertise include synthesis, process design and scale-up, and commercial manufacturing (grams to kilograms) of modified luciferins and coelenterazines. These pro-bioluminescent products aid in life science research. We bring pride, passion, and purpose to our work and the products we provide.
Promega Biosciences offers its employees a work environment that encourages creativity, work-life balance, and personal and professional growth. We support community involvement and are committed to being good stewards and reducing our impact on the environment. Promega fosters a positive, fun, and warm family culture. To learn more about our values, please visit our Corporate Responsibility website.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching, company-paid life insurance, time-off benefits, and more.
Our San Luis Obispo facility is at the heart of California’s beautiful central coast. San Luis Obispo is a destination for wine aficionados, nature lovers, and pleasure-seekers alike. You might enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean from one of our scenic Nine Sisters, a chain of volcanic peaks that run along the coast. Or, spend a day gallivanting around the many wineries, local boutiques, and renowned restaurants in the area. Proclaimed as the “happiest town in the USA”, our community provides a rich and rewarding place to live and play. To learn more about San Luis Obispo, check out the VisitSLO website.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.