The mission of Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. (MHM) is “Serving Humanity to Honor God” by improving the physical, mental and spiritual health of those least served in the Rio Texas Conference area of The United Methodist Church.
- Assists multiple directors and their respective departments and/or executive leadership team.
- Acts as MHM’s representative and ambassador to external constituents as directed, including Board members, elected officials, and the public.
- Ensures that various administrative tasks are done in an effective and efficient manner, including copying, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when requested, and maintaining executive files as needed.
- Accurately records and transcribes minutes of meetings in a manner equal to MHM’s Board professional standards.
- Manages external contacts for the executive team members, proactively understands who they are, and maintains constant communication to include important events and activities.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with all levels of team members, cross-functional teams, and external contacts in a rapidly growing environment.
- Coordinates, schedules, and organizes activities for special projects.
- Researches and compiles data for projects and makes recommendations to improve progress of projects.
- Coordinates the preparation of staff and department reports, including distribution of material.
- Monitors assigned department budgets and prepares purchase requisitions. Prepares expense reports and processes check requests.
- Manages travel arrangements to include executive staff, Board Members, and support staff. Coordinates the pre-planning of trips with various internal functions, to include agendas and necessary preparations.
- Coordinates the scheduling of meetings/conferences for the boardroom and conference rooms.
- Manages inventories for office/kitchen supplies and office equipment.
- Provides back-up support for the front desk and the Admin Support Team as requested.
- Assists in training newly hired administrative support staff.
- Responds to changes of administrative duties at a moment’s notice.
- Handles confidential information appropriately.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor and defuses emotional situations in a calm manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school or general education diploma (GED); six years experience in an administrative role working with executive and senior level management required. Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Must possess strong written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions. Ability to write reports, develop correspondence, and memos from draft, copy or dictation. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the executive team, managers, team members, clients, and the general public. Fluent in English required; Spanish bilingual preferred.
Ability to prioritize multiple assignments, sometimes with pressing and even conflicting time pressures. Must be a self-starter and exercise good judgment. Ability to collect and understand data, establish facts, define and solve practical problems. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates and Licenses:
CPS or CAP Certification preferred.
Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Word and Excel applications. Knowledge of data bases, such as Access, preferred.
Punctuality and attendance is very important to this role. Must be able to provide after-hour and flexible support, as needed. Must be able to work both independently and with team members to achieve results. Expected to know basic information about MHM’s services, understand protocol, and dress and speak professionally.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to an office environment. Position necessitates sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, twisting, turning, climbing step stools, and crouching. Must be able to lift and maneuver 25 pounds.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Methodist Healthcare Ministries complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MHM's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries and subcontractor(s) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.