Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Executive Assistant.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to our President and CEO at Medical City Arlington to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Medical City Arlington is a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
We are a family 270,000 strong!
The Executive Assistant provides a full range of administrative-clerical services support to operate the offices of the President/CEO and other Executive Team Members. This position also may provide back up for the administrative assistants to the CFO and CNO or other administrative staff as needed. The Executive Assistant has the following job responsibilities:
- Provides administrative-clerical support to President/CEO and Senior Leadership Team.
- Supports hospital and departmental Performance Improvement Goals.
- Contributes to the organization’s five indicators of success: employee satisfaction, physician satisfaction, patient satisfaction, continuous performance improvement, community involvement.
- Maintains confidentiality in working with all stakeholders.
- Maintains flexibility and is willing to adjust work schedule to fit the needs of the organization when required.
- Understands the urgency and works to expedite records, invoices, and other documents timely.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette.
- Prioritizes work necessary to fit the needs of the organization.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.