Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the CFO of Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. He/she will manage calendars, schedule meetings and make independent decisions. The Executive Assistant will prepare confidential documents, assist in prioritizing and executing tasks, and support a smooth and efficient flow of day-to-day operations.
The Executive Assistant will:
- Serve as a strategic and trusted business partner of the CFO and finance organization
- Proactively manage calendars to optimize productivity of executive and team, using timely communications and creative thinking to ensure time is prioritized appropriately; Assist with meeting agendas and logistics, such as video conferencing details, external site requirements or other meeting needs; Seek to understand pre-meeting requirements for calendared engagements, such as pre-read material or other pre-work, and plan schedules accordingly
- Plan and manage domestic and international travel, including associated logistics; proactively confirm details and itineraries; create and submit travel and other business expense reports
- Prepare and manage correspondence in a timely and professional manner; liaison with internal and external contacts (including executives, board members, investors, external partners and vendors)
- Leverage available technologies to optimize efficiency and effectiveness of communications and coordination within the finance organization
- Strive to innovate and improve overall functioning of the finance organization
- Perform other administrative tasks as required to contribute to the overall productivity of the team, such as: prepare management memos and reports (including use of charts, tables, graphs, etc.); maintain various databases; follow up on IT related issues or requests; ensure necessary supplies and materials are procured; screen and respond to incoming phone calls, emails, chats or voice mails; assist with on-site meeting guests; etc.
- Complete all required company training in a timely manner and take initiative to engage in learning new systems, applications or tools that may be required to perform job effectively
- Work with sensitive and highly confidential information and treat appropriately
- Work collaboratively with other administrative personnel and departments across the company to accomplish organizational goals
- Manage multiple tasks and a demanding workload, with limited direct supervision
- Align with the company’s mission of putting patient needs at the center of company priorities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high volume and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational, executive functioning and critical thinking skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to maintain considerate and professional manner at all times
- Exceptional ability to partner collaboratively across multiple functions, by building productive relationships, exhibiting diplomacy, and influencing without authority
- Demonstrated learning mindset, with ability to adapt to new technologies and systems
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Enthusiastic, flexible and positive attitude, with high integrity and reliability
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant in a highly professional environment, ideally in Finance.
- Superior knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience in creating and formatting presentations. Visio experience a plus.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.