Team members are expected to have a collaborative style, be proactive and flexible in building and maintaining relationships throughout the business areas in order to understand the operations, products and risks. We believe in open communication and the value of each individual’s opinion and function in a development culture with team members continually learning, sharing new ideas and improving their skills to meet needs of the department and the company. We expect our team members to use professionalism consistent with our values and sound professional judgment while performing their responsibilities.
As Executive Assistant, you will play a key role in the administration of the company’s ethics, governance, business conduct and audit programs. You will provide administrative support and assistance to the Executive Vice President, Governance and Auditor and to the Senior Vice President, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, as well as leaders in the Assurance and Ethics & Compliance departments. You will develop broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in organizational policies, procedures and practices. You will also help facilitate and coordinate projects and deadlines directly or through others, and work with minimal supervision.
Support Ethics, Governance, Business Conduct and Audit Committees:
- Coordinate updates and maintain governance-related charters, policies, procedures and other documents in the Company’s tools, and communicate with appropriate stakeholders
- Create, update and review agendas, documents, presentations and materials for various committees and Boards, including Business Conduct Committees, audit committees, affiliates
- Coordinate, upload to Diligent, and communicate meeting materials for the designated Board and committees
Provide general administrative support to departmental leadership which includes:
- Create and update presentations, spreadsheets, documents and correspondence
- Coordinate various departmental projects and assist others in department with projects
- Travel arrangements, scheduling and calendar maintenance
- Maintain membership renewals and attendance records
- Track the department budget
- Expense report and vendor payment processing
- Maintenance of the departments’ electronic files and records at Iron Mountain
- Prepare and distribute monthly open issues reports
- Recommend changes to processes and procedures as appropriate
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to exercise discretion in accessing and working with confidential information
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to high quality work
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
- Intellectual curiosity and the aptitude and desire for continuous learning
- Proven ability to take initiative, act with a sense of urgency and follow through
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple conflicting deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent information gathering and monitoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build relationships and interface with leaders and associates across the organization
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook)
- Ability to gain proficiency in Company tools and systems
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment
- Minimum of 7 years administrative support experience at the senior level
- Experience in managing projects preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree a plus
Salary Level = 20
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused – “Gets it done” and drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic – “Sees the big picture and challenges boundaries, takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s strategy.
Authentic – “Keeps it real” and is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – “Makes the call” and demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – “Develops people” and sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – “Sets the tone” and inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.