06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical/Executive Assistant
Austin Independent School District
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Incumbent must have a minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
This position requires incumbent to have knowledge of general office practices and procedures and office equipment. Incumbent should be familiar with types of business correspondence, report preparation and composition techniques. Incumbent should have strong computer and internet research skills, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of administrators and staff as well as external customers. Incumbent should have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, and understand the fundamentals of time management. Prefer incumbent type accurately at 45 words per minute.
Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Under general direction of an Executive Director, incumbent performs a variety of complex administrative duties.
- Establish and maintain annual, monthly and daily calendars of activities for the Executive Director’s office.
- Assists with correspondence, communications, reports, presentations, and other documents.
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials for Executive Director.
- Assist in the collection of information for the office budget or other areas as necessary.
- Assemble, organize and present data required by the Executive Director to make decisions.
- Schedule and obtain facilities, participants, materials and amenities for meetings, conferences, visitors and Executive Director’s travel.
- Answers and screens incoming calls and greets/screens visitors for Executive Director.
- Researches, compiles and prepares material for presentation to the Superintendent, Board or other district staff as assigned.
- May assist in the training of other clerical staff.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned. All employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is generally performed in a standard office environment. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to an Executive Director. Incumbent will consult frequently with other Austin ISD staff, as well as outside agencies and vendors.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: CT8
Starting Salary: $18.02/Hr
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Employee Discount Program
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer