Performs complex administrative office duties involving report generation, budgetary assistance and
completing special projects in order to provide secretarial services typically to an executive staff level
• Must have one year of training from a secretarial or business school and six years of secretarial
• Must have seven years of secretarial experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
• Prefer Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) designation.
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
• Must have excellent vocabulary skills and a demonstrated ability in English and grammar.
• Must be able to compose correspondence independently.
• Must be familiar with the operations of standard office equipment and healthcare terminology.
• Must be able to write effectively.
• Must be able to demonstrate good phone techniques and manners.
• Must be able to use sound judgment in making complex decisions.
• Prefer experience with Microsoft Access.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.