Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for managing the administrative functions for one or more Senior Vice Presidents including the execution of her/his day to day operations, acting as a liaison to senior management and coordinating special projects to ensure the department runs efficiently and SVP is relieved of administrative duties.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Under limited supervision perform a variety of complex and specialized administrative and office support functions to ensure the daily operations of the office run efficiently and professionally
2. Draft, edit and distribute correspondence for SVP’s signature to ensure timely and accurate communications
3. Prepare and coordinate presentations and briefing material, of a highly confidential nature, for use at Board meetings and Sr. Management meetings to ensure accurate and comprehensible presentations
4. Manage SVP’s calendar (including travel arrangements) and documents requiring review/approval (including staff timekeeping requirements)
5. Schedule and coordinating meetings (including meeting invites, agendas, materials, food/refreshment, meeting minutes) and monitor project progress for the SVP to ensure project deadlines are met
6. Assist other managers with questions and serve as key contact to ensure all requests are responded to in a timely manner
7. Manage and coordinate departmental expenses (including credit card expenses/receipts) to ensure accurate accounting and budgeting
8. Serve as the point person for all telephone and mail inquiries for the SVP to ensure all matters of significance are brought to their attention and that outstanding customer service is provided to all customers and the public
9. Collaborate with administrative staff on companywide projects/initiatives and industry association support as needed/assigned
10. Assist managers or other staff with their daily functions to ensure department goals are achieved and staff is notified of important information
• Associates degree or equivalent experience required
• Bachelors degree a plus
• 5+ years of increasingly responsible office administrative experience, min 2 yrs exp at the executive level
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Demonstrates project management skills along with a high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly
• Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges with consistent follow through
• Attention to detail/accuracy, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information and convey concepts, ideas and information to all levels of employees
• Ability to set priorities, organize work and work in high production environment while responding quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
• Excellent consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, management and external customers
• Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
• Ability to work well with all levels of staff as well as external customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
• Occasionally travel may be required
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.AdministrationAdministrationFull-time