Provide a wide variety of administrative, clerical, and operational support for members of the senior executive group. This may include preparing reports, conducting research, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings; may also train and supervise lower level clerical staff. Has broad company knowledge, and interacts with internal and external customers and high level executives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide administrative support direction and may assist in screening executive's postal mail, email, phone calls, voicemail, and appointments according to departmental policies and procedures.
* Coordinate the preparation of financial and operational reports; analyze the progress or adverse trends; support appropriate recommendations and conclusions.
* Seek to enhance and enable the executive's function by bringing together appropriate people and other resources to support the executive in addressing issues.
* Serve as a department liaison with administrative personnel concerning the organization's policies and procedures.
* Handle and route sensitive & confidential information which may present a significant impact to the company's image, reputation, operations, performance, finances, or value if shared beyond its intended audience.
* Interpret and clarify routine departmental policies and procedures, make decisions on specific operating problems and issue instructions in the name of the department in accordance with departmental policies and precedents.
* On behalf of the executive, receive and initiate broad, regular outside contacts with executives and board members of other companies, regulators, elected representatives, charitable boards, and customers.
* Organize and coordinate the administrative support of the executive's office functions, to include managing multi-line telephones, maintaining office supplies, disseminating incoming and out-going mail, planning meetings, and scheduling travel arrangements. May prepare and disseminate meeting minutes.
* Maintain an organized system of automated and manual files that provide a quick reference library of company information used to conduct research and answer questions.
* Represent the executive(s) on one or more internal and external committees.
* May supervise the daily work of a small group of lower-level Administrative Assistants and/or Receptionist.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Required Education: High School Diploma or completion of GED.
Required Experience: Two (2) years of experience as an Executive Assistant or similar role for an executive manager.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Proficiency using the Microsoft Office product suite (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of standard office equipment, it's operation and use.
* Knowledge of the services and/or products offered.
* Strong proficiency using a Personal Computer.
* Excellent analytical and project management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain information in a logical and easily accessible manner.
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to portray a positive image of the department, unit, division, and/or company represented.
* Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within and outside the company.
* Ability to be detail oriented and focused.
* Ability to type documents in an efficient and timely manner with minimal errors.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled