As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to M Physicians’ Chief Executive Officer by coordinating schedules, appointments, communications, and resources for day to day operations and related projects. The position ensures the smooth performance of the CEO’s office by providing outstanding service to stakeholders and behind the scenes, and by taking on improvement projects and other initiatives that support executive effectiveness and company performance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provides high-level executive support for a chief officer of the organization and their executive team by administratively contributing to the efficiency and effectiveness of the executive office and assigned teams.
- Supports and coordinates commitments to the Board of Directors.
- Ensures the smooth performance of the office services functions by assisting other executives and administrative staff.
- Coordinates and supports organization wide, facility specific, or executive led projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Coordinates changes, conducts data analysis, and prepares reports and communications.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- College degree in business, administration or related field; or equivalent education, training and directly related experience as a senior executive assistant.
- 5+ years of administrative assistance experience, including 3 years of progressive experience administratively supporting executive level leaders.
- Report writing and records management experience. Project management and events coordination experience.
- Experience managing databases, and complex electronic calendar skills required. Excellent communications management and customer service skills.
- Flexible and adaptable in a constant, changing environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize, attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and decision making.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Five + years of experience supporting and assisting senior level executive or officer.
- Experience in and understanding of the academic healthcare industry.
- Experience supporting Board of Directors and/or Board Committee activities.
UMPhysicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.