The Executive Assistant serves as the first impression and first point of contact for Southwest Key’s (SWK) Vice President of Performance Quality Improvement. The Executive Assistant handles all logistics and administrative issues associated with support of the VP of PQI, including board meetings, event planning, travel, briefings, and office management. The position may require more work hours than the normal eight-hour workday, and also may require 10-15% travel. Occasional weekend work may be required.
- Initiate and maintain effective communication with SWK Board of Directors, Community Members, Corporate and Program staff and service providers via e-mail, telephone, or in person, as required to professionally represent the Vice President of PQI.
- Provide assistance to the Vice President of PQI for meeting preparation and events.
- Provide assistance with new business development by leading business opportunity research, schedule new and follow up business meetings, plan vendor conferences and maintain marketing material inventory and stock.
- Ability to interact and work on projects with other department staff.
- Develop relationships with key operational contacts, both internal and external.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times (this position will have access to highly confidential information).
- Manage the schedule of the Vice President of PQI, to include all appointments and setting travel.
- Draft correspondence as requested for the Vice President of PQI.
- Support event planning for Southwest Key Programs national headquarters, board meetings, and other events as assigned.
- Assist with organization accreditation to include maintaining meeting minutes.
- Manage all procurement card and invoice reconciliation for the PQI department and the Vice President of PQI.
- Assist in organizing, planning and coordinating PQI meetings and special events such as team meetings, Committee meetings, National Headquarters Annual Christmas Party, social events, Directors’ Meetings and other events as assigned.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- A combination of one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with four (4) years of administrative experience.
- Associates degree with six (6) years of administrative experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent with ten (10) years of administrative experience.
- Experience working with a high level executive staff.
- Experience with event planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in partnership with others and coordinate a working team in the accomplishment of a project.
- Excellent attention to detail and research and analytical skills.
- Ability to gracefully meet deadlines and to take initiative.
- Advanced knowledge of and proficiency in use of computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access all components of work station and other office equipment. Frequent typing, writing, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds. Must be able to drive either personal or company vehicle.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.