An operating group of The Andersons, Inc., the Rail Group ranks seventh among privately-owned fleets in the U.S. It provides a variety of services to the rail industry including fleet management, leasing, repair and custom fabrication.
The Rail Group repairs, sells, manages, and leases a fleet of 24,000+ various types of railcars and locomotives. It also provides repair, maintenance and component manufacturing services to private railcar owners through its 24 repair shops and steel fabrication facility.
This position is responsible for providing high level administrative support to the Rail Group, including the Rail Group President (RGP) and Rail Leadership Team (RLT).
- Provide a high level of administrative support including receiving, screening and directing incoming calls, greeting visitors, managing mail and e-mail correspondence, expense reports, and agenda planning for the RGP and RLT.
- Manage / coordinate group meetings, special projects.
- Prepare various presentations and reports based on input from RLT and other sources.
- Working with the Rail Group commercial teams, ensure website and/or promotional materials are current and organized.
- Manage calendar for the Rail Group including RGP and RLT informing them on commitments, arranging business travel and coordinating meeting preparations and ensure RLT is kept informed of commitments, issues and opportunities.
- Ensure the Rail COB office is supplied with resources necessary to execute it tasks.
- Coordinates the approval, routing for payment and tracking of third party invoices related to assigned responsibilities.
- May research and resolve issues, or recommend a course of action.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job related training or considerable experience
- Completes work with limited degree of supervision
- Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, Associate's Degree preferred
- 5+years' relevant experience required
- Ability to work under timelines and deadlines, maintain confidentiality, be organized and detailed, provide high level of customer service
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Provide timely, highly skilled and efficient executive assistance to the Group President. Handles all confidential matters with integrity and discretion.
- Maintain continual awareness of current projects and activities with which the CEO is involved and handle relevant matters independently, assessing critical nature of each and establishing priorities to accommodate them.
- Utilizes efficient office procedures, including organizing and maintaining business files, reviewing and processing expense accounts, answering phones when requested, handling routine correspondence, scheduling business travel, and other support functions. The candidate must become proficient in the use of Coupa and Concur systems.
- Develop and maintain an open, candid, two-way relationship with the RGP and all members of the RLT, ascertaining feelings on matters of concern, discussing them and making suggestions and recommendations. Extreme discretion and confidentiality must be exercised in the treatment of all matters.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons' Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org .