Under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Legal Operations and with direction from the Chief Legal Officer, the Executive Legal Assistant performs various administrative duties to support the Chief Legal Officer and corporate governance activities. The Executive Legal Assistant is responsible for scheduling appointments and meetings with both external and internal customers, maintaining calendars, personal filing systems, answering and screening phone calls dealing with confidential matters, preparing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents and working on special administrative projects as assigned. Incumbents are required to plan, organize, and prioritize work to ensure completion in a timely manner. The Executive Legal Assistant frequently interacts with Tufts Health Plan Senior Management Group members and board members. Incumbents are professionals with five or more years prior administrative experience at a corporate /senior level preferred.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Provide administrative support to the Chief Legal Officer. Duties include:
* Scheduling meetings and maintaining the Chief Legal Officer's calendar, assuring accuracy and timely input, as well as providing agendas and meeting materials as needed.
* Coordinating high-level and sometimes confidential meetings where discretion and confidentiality is critical.
* Answering phone calls and screening high level calls from members, Board of Directors, clients, providers, media, etc. to determine appropriate disposition of call. Solving issues directly or redirecting calls if needed. Assures appropriate follow-up regarding questions/issues that may arise, exercising sound judgment with a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity.
* Coordinating travel arrangements, processing invoices, monthly expense reports, and maintaining Chief Legal Officer's files in keeping with record retention guidelines.
* Maintaining strong oral and written communication with all constituencies. May be asked to draft correspondence such as memorandums, emails, thank you letters, etc.
* Working on special projects such as gathering and preparing materials for special mailings, and distributing materials to prepare for meetings,
* Preparing high-level presentation materials using Microsoft Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint for internal meetings, off-site conferences, board meetings, etc.
* Maintaining the Chief Legal Officer's' address book and biography.
* Sorting and prioritizing emails, replying and forwarding correspondence as appropriate.
* Leading senior level initiatives/activities and triaging work to other corporate administrative assistants as appropriate
* Performing similar or related duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, ordering flowers, reservations, mailing cards, etc.
* Proofreading documents for typographical and grammatical errors to ensure accuracy, consistency and clarity.
* Editing legal documents and contracts
* Providing other assistance as requested
Provide ad hoc corporate administrative support. Duties include:
* Providing backup coverage for administrative staff in the corporate area when required i.e. vacations, lunch, etc.
Provide administrative support to Corporate Governance. Duties may include:
* Scheduling board-related meetings and coordinating meeting logistics
* Processing timely honoraria payments to board members
* Processing timely expense reports for board members
* Providing other assistance as requested
* Associates Degree or related experience required.
* Requires a minimum of 5 years prior corporate/senior level secretarial experience.
* Legal administrative experience required
* High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Lotus Notes experience preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Requires a high level of interpersonal and customer service skills to interact on a daily basis, both in person and on the phone.
* Courteous and professional interactions with a variety of internal and external customers
* Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member
* Exercises sound judgment in all matters.
* Requires a high level of prioritization skills in order to accomplish daily expectations. Requires excellent grammar skills and proofreading skills in order to produce high quality documents.
* Requires flexibility and creativity in meeting strict deadlines.
* Must be capable of working on many issues simultaneously and be extremely detail oriented.
* Requires the ability to utilize a variety of equipment including personal computers, cell phone, facsimile machines, etc.
* Minimum typing speed of 60wpm.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* Professional environment
* Teamwork environment
* Demanding, fast-paced office
* Extra hours required on occasion
* Sense of humor
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy and department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled