Provide daily executive level administrative support to the CEO, President, and CFO. The Senior Administrative Assistant will serve as Program Leader for short and long term projects and initiatives. This position requires highly developed interpersonal, organizational, technical and administrative skills with an aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Daily Administrative Support - Prepare reports and executive summaries, schedules and coordinates meetings, other related duties to include, filing, copying, scanning, mailing.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving - Combine and evaluate information and data to make decisions about relative importance of information and choosing the best solution to solve problems. Resolves non-routine situations based on established policies and procedures and refers unsolved issues and questions to the appropriate party. Recognizes an emergency or high priority situation and takes appropriate and immediate action.
- Communication/Customer Service - Process outgoing and ingoing communication in the form of emails, letters, voice messages or other forms of communication. Meets and greets clients. Communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner. Establish and maintain a cooperative, positive working relationship with clients, colleagues and other individuals in the course of business.
- Word Processing/Typing - Prepare and proofread memos and reports. Prepare correspondence and documents independently from rough drafts, corrected copies or previous versions. Ensure the organization format style guide policies are followed, and recommends revisions when creating documents.
- Office Management – Provide recommendations for improved workflow, simplify reporting procedures, enhance customer service and continuously develop operating practices and procedures. Coordinate and attend meetings and other events as needed.
- Scheduling/Coordinating - Manage calendars, supervise and coordinate large and complex meetings, conferences and programs, and organize travel logistics and itineraries as needed. Coordinate complex scheduling arrangements involving multiple parties under minimal direction. Coordinate meeting preparation activities (checking and coordinating the logistics and technical support, arranging for food and beverages, and other related activities). May assist with special events planning.
- Filing/Mail Distribution - Files and retrieve department documents, records, and reports. Maintain organized records of all documents and correspondence.
- Team Work - Provide assistance and on-going guidance to clerical and administrative staff and/or on-the-job training as needed.
- Reports - Prepare and edit presentations, reports, correspondence and other documents. Plan and arrange, outlines and drafts letters, memos, agendas, reports, and presentations. Design high-level executive summaries using creative, clear and concise presentation skills. Research, compile and analyze information and data from various sources. Edit, review and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Complex Administrative Support - manages and coordinates administrative, fiscal and personal support for the President to ensure the completion of tasks. Maintain and improve the workflow level and process to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. Maintain a polite and helpful attitude.
- Program Leadership – serves as program/project leader on both long and short term initiatives such ERP installation; systems migrations; and other significant implementations/conversions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to manage time effectively and adhere to deadlines with minimal supervision. Maintain a professional and positive attitude while organizing and prioritizing a multitude of projects and assignments. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook. Other software program experience such as SharePoint; WebEx; MS Project; Outlook, Concur is highly desired. Previous experience managing a complex and constantly changing executive calendar. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and represent the CEO, President and senior team in a professional and courteous manner. Ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization and communicate professionally with both internal and external customers. Ability to work as part of a team and willing to offer support when needed. Knowledge of modern office standard practices and procedures.
- Experience supporting senior level executives in a fast-paced environment
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- BA or AA preferred
- 5 years of full time administrative experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Fast paced office environment
- High sense of urgency
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments
- Exposed to highly confidential information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, climbing and occasionally lifting of up to 40 lbs. of office and facilities equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Under The Americans with Disabilities Act reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Flagship is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.