executive assistant, Starbucks Technology, SSC - Seattle, WA190000615Starbucks
Now Brewing – executive assistant, Starbucks Technology! #tobeapartner
From the beginning,Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling ofconnection.We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“We built the Starbucks brand firstwith our people,not with consumers. Becausewe believedthe best way to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers was to hire and train great people, we invested in employees.”
– Howard Schultz, Chairman,Starbucks Coffee Company
This job contributes to Starbucks success by providing advanced, dedicated administrative support to our chief technology officer (CTO), an executive vice president, by acting as a functional partner of the Starbucks Technology organization. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in making decisions. Plans, implements and directs multiple concurrent activities and projects that support Technology and company programs, processes and objectives.
Communicates with both internal and external customers, including high level executives. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
As a Starbucks executive assistant, you will…
- Represents the Office of the Chief Technology Officer with high customerservice, interpersonal savvy andefficiency.
- Owns and effectively manages Starbucks Technology rhythm of the businesscalendars.
- Proactively manages CTO’s calendar with attention to accuracy, detail and allocation of time and resources to promote productivity and successful execution of executive and team goals and objectives. Recognizes the need to reprioritize as appropriate if business initiatives change and acts independently to realignexecutive priorities
- Performs general administrative activities including screening executive emails, directing inquiriesand determining the proper course of action and distributing to the appropriate individual to manage. Organizes and maintains filing systems, process of invoices and expensereports.
- Asamemberoftheleadershipdirectreportteam, and as requested, acts as host of meetings, develops meeting agendas, tracks and follows through on actionitems.
- Leads and organizes highly complex activities such as team and cross-functional meetings, conferences and department activities.
- Identifiesandestablishesexternalinformationsourcesandrelationshipsthroughpersonalcontacts,industry meetings and developing working relationships with business firms andkey customers.
Leadership, Partner Development & Team Building – Provides Technology administrative support team with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities to enable effective teams and organizations:
- Activelybuildsaneffective Starbucks Technology administrativeteam by identifying and communicating key responsibilities and best practices as well as providing coaching, direction and leadership support to achieve business results.
- Oversees training and development of administrative support team members directly and indirectly managedand makes effective staffingdecisions.
- Provides leadership and support to leaders, partners and admin support team to continuously improveproductivity, communications and morale. Works as a team member with other executive assistants to ensure consistency of operations and alignment with company goals and strategies.
- Supports assessment of administrative support team structure and partner performance capabilities to address on-going changes to business needs; designs, develops and implements appropriate changes toorganization.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Ability to apply broad knowledge and understanding of the business, including both Technology and company priorities, to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Consistently demonstrates advanced problem-solving skills, exercises sound judgment and independent decision making
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with attention to detail
- Ability to interact and influence senior leaders and all levels of theorganization
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all matters and demonstrates a high level ofintegrity
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and as a peerleader
- Demonstrates ability to deliver consistently high quality and professional customer service to bothinternal and externalcustomers
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft OfficeSuite
- Education (minimum education level, degree or certificationnecessary): High School diploma/GED or 4 or more years of US military service
- 10 or more years of experience in arole performing administrative assistant or coordinator job functions for 1 or more senior-levelexecutive(s)
Years of experience:
- Progressive administrative experience 10+ yrs
- Providing support to executive level management -orequivalent 10+yrs
- Projectmanagement 10+yrs
- Fastpacedenvironment 10+yrs
- Direct or indirect leadershipofothers 3+ yrs
Let us give you the opportunity tobepart ofsomething biggerthan yourself. It’s time for you to #beapartner.Apply today!
Starbucks is anequal opportunityemployer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employmentqualified applicantswith criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinancesfalse