POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for coordinating and performing a variety of advanced administrative activities and projects for the Chief Administration Officer, the Vice President of Enterprise Project Portfolio Management and the Director of Legislative and External Affairs. This position ensures the efficient and professional operation of the Chief Officer’s office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values and ethics policies.
- Responsible for independently scheduling, cancelling and prioritizing meetings according to level of importance and/or urgency.
- Assists the Chief Administration Officer, the Vice President of Enterprise Project Portfolio Management and the Director of Legislative and External Affairs in conducting their daily administrative activities and directs daily administrative activities for the Legislative and External Affairs Team. This involves coordinating support staff assignments and ensuring team members’ administrative needs are met.
- Responsible for organizing monthly Board of Governors meetings, conferences, and other meetings/activities. This includes coordinating logistics for the meeting, supporting management in creating meeting materials, researching background information for topics of discussion, disseminating meeting materials to participants, posting meeting notices to appropriate external sites, taking official minutes, preparing minutes and following up on action items
- Reviews incoming mail and composes and signs replies to inquiries not requiring the personal attention of the Chief; composes correspondence for review by staff.
- Screens individuals and calls and assists them as necessary, or directs them to an appropriate source.
- Creates and maintains correspondences, forms, manuals, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, databases, and meeting presentation materials. Also, creates and maintains accurate computer and hard-copy files.
- Compiles, analyzes, and researches data to prepare complex reports and distributes reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares drafts of memoranda and correspondence for administrative decisions and policies.
- Maintains staff calendars and arranges various appointments, schedules itineraries and makes travel and hotel reservations; creates, processes and keeps accurate records of departmental business expense reports.
- Serves as recording secretary at conferences, meetings and other activities by taking official minutes; prepares minutes in final form for distribution.
- Orders and distributes departmental supplies.
- Organizes and maintains records, filing systems and inventories
- Performs special projects/assignments that may deal with highly confidential information, including employee relations, reports, budgets, and purchasing.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to review and evaluate data for accuracy and completeness.
- Strong organization, prioritization and multiple-task handling skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and to use problem solving techniques.
- Ability to exercise extreme confidentiality and discretion on a daily basis.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work cooperatively with Executive Leadership and Board Members.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree OR 2 years relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 2 years.
- 5 or more years of experience as an administrative assistant supporting directors or upper management.
- Meeting/conference planning experience.
- Experience working with Committees or Boards.
- 7 or more years of experience as an administrative assistant supporting executive level management.
- Experience using Visio.
- Experience using MS Project.
- Experience in business administration.
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day). Ability to work in a highly energetic and flexible work environment. Position also requires occasional overnight travel.