(including CFO, CIO, VP Products &General Counsel, VP Marketing, Director of Corporate Development)
On-site in Sunnyvale, California
You are a result-focused, professional “C” levelExecutive Assistant with exquisite organizational skills and a high-level service-orientation who wants to work in a friendly, collaborative company that is making a positive difference in the world. Our corporate culture is mission driven and we are both a certified a B Corp and a California benefit corporation, taking all stakeholders (including employees, community, customers and environment) into account to make a positive difference in the world. We have a culture that is emotionally intelligent, aligned, results-focused, cross-functional and committed to the professional development of all employees.
You are looking for a culture that is mission-focused with the highest levels of integrity where caring about employees and sharing a passion about what we do to serve our global customers is the norm. While you are experienced in many aspects of executive support, you have demonstrated expertise in supporting the CFO, VP Product, General Counsel, CIO, VP Marketing and other executives.
You have a special ability tobe one step ahead of the executives you are supporting while anticipating their needs and having exquisite discernment. You are comfortable estimating time needed and priorities so that you can manage the calendars of your busy executives to ensure that the top priorities are moving forward, and they have the time needed to do quality work.
You take pride in your own work and whether its making travel reservationsor supporting global business insurance programs and shareholders, you always ensure your work is accurate and of the highest quality. You are highly organized, proactive, diplomatic, strategic, tactful, confidential, and discreet at all times. This includes managing heavy travel scheduling and calendaring arrangements as well as managing expenses and supporting the budget management.
You are looking for a corporate culture that is collaborative, values cross-functional communication and problem-solving for results. You want to work in partnership with other executives as well as another executive assistant who are professional, warm, caring and appreciative of your valuable contributions to the team. You are truly a team player and are glad to assist in other areas and on other projects as needed. You model empathy, caring and kindness—towards all employees, vendors, stakeholders, customers and board members at all times.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Provide Administrative Support to the CFO 20%
- Act as gatekeeper for CFO. Proactively manage CFO’s calendar, maintain contacts database, screen and validate CFO’s meeting schedule.
- Monitor CFO’s email, flagging urgent items needing CFO’s attention. Respond to limited email to be discussed.
- Assist with special projects (annual budget/financial statements/audit/annual report, Global Leadership Team (GLT) meetings, company conferences/meetings).
- Track action items/deliverables and proactively schedule time for CFO to address.
- Track employees visiting the UK and Canada to fulfill reporting requirements on employee earnings in coordination with tax manager, filing year-end report if needed.
- Coordinate with EA to CEO in arranging meetings/conferences, including meeting logistics.
- Provide back up to EA to the CEO.
- Update the Risk Management Inventory Matrix prior to the November Audit committee meeting.
- Obtain all receipts for, prepare, review and obtain approval for expense reports for CFO.
- Proofread appropriate communications from CFO to insure 100% accuracy of content, spelling and grammar.
- Make all travel arrangements for CFO and for other designated individuals.
- Review and respond to correspondence for CFO including mail, email and fax on a selected, mutually-agreed upon basis.
- Prepare twice-yearly capital lease documents for CFO review and approval.
- Manage monthly approved corporate credit card usage, statement reconciliation, and payment.
2. Administer company-wide global business insurance programs and policies 15%
- Manage global company-wide insurance policy renewals in coordination with insurance broker to ensure adequate global coverage. Manage the filing of claims. Coordinate requests for certificates of insurance.
- Prepare annual insurance budget for CFO approval; coordinate with accounting department to ensure proper accounting for prepaid business insurance and insurance expense.
- Track policy terms and coverage and ensure that desired policies are renewed in a timely manner.
- Complete drafts of all policy applications and coordinate reviews and submissions.
- Identify insurable risks and recommend proper levels of insurance to Company to cover those risks.
3. Provide Administrative Support to the VP Product & General Counsel (GC) 15%
- Act as gatekeeper for GC by proactively manage GC’s calendar, maintain contacts database, screen and validate GC’s meeting schedule.
- Track action items/deliverables for GC and schedule time for GC to address them.
- Prepare expense reports for GC for approval and submission.
- Make travel arrangements for GC.
- Provide initial drafts of correspondence and other documents on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with formatting and cleanup of PowerPoint, Word and Excel documents.
- Draft initial filing of company annual reports, RASI and coordinate review by GC.
- Manage and maintain the legal department’s contract database.
4. Provide Administrative Support to SVP & Chief Information Officer 15%
- Manage calendar
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Assist with approval of direct reports’ expense reports
5. Provide Administrative Support to the VP of Marketing 15%
- Manage calendar
- Coordinate travel
- Prepare and submit expense reports
6. Shareholder Relations, Management of Shareholder Cost Center and Shareholder Recordkeeping 10%
- Develop and manage shareholder cost center budget.
- Manage annual share repurchase program.
- Manage shareholder StockTrack database (including filing of shareholder documents).
- Process all shareholder activity transactions.
- Manage quarterly dividend payments to shareholders, including finalizing and mailing the CEO’s quarterly dividend letter with the dividend checks or payment notices.
- Prepare year end 1099-DIV’s, mail them to shareholders, and file year-end tax reports in coordination with the company’s Tax Manager.
- Draft transmittal letter for and mail final audited financial statements and annual benefit report to shareholders annually.
- Prepare and distribute monthly shareholder activity report and other ad hoc shareholder reports.
- Assist with the preparation for and manage annual shareholder meeting in coordination with the General Counsel (includes catering and logistics).
- Prepare periodic vendor and annual ESOP distribution checks, and circulate them for approval, and maintain vendor history for all ESOP distributions.
7. Support CFO’s work with the Board of Directors, Audit Committee and Retirement Benefit Plans Committee 5%
- Manage the coordination and meeting materials for the semi-annual Retirement Benefits Plan Committee meeting. Attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Assist the EA to the CEO with meeting materials for Board and Committee meetings.
8. Provide Administrative Support to the Director of Corporate Development 5%
- Provide calendar, expense report, travel and shipping/FedEx support to the Director of Corporate Development.
- Minimum of five to eight years of experience as Executive Assistant to Executive Officers, ideally with specific expertise in all areas of this job description.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, including, but not limited to MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint,& Excel.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, writing, and speaking skills.
- Professional telephone manner with a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to understand and observe the highest level of confidentiality.
- Exhibit sound judgment and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; sensitivity to needs of others.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple competing requests as well as creating plans for achieving objectives.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Experience administrating corporate insurance programs a plus, including basic knowledge of insurance markets and products, enterprise risk management concepts, and loss control/claims management practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to travel occasionally.
Our corporate culture is mission driven, and we are a certified B Corp and a California benefit corporation, taking all stakeholders (including employees, community, customers and environment) into account to make a positive difference. We have a culture that is emotionally intelligent, aligned, results-focused, cross-functional and committed to the professional development of all employees.
Our organization’sjob is to help people development professionals be better and, in turn, help their companies’ employees flourish. While we’re best known for our products like the Myers-Briggs® assessment (MBTI®), we are a group of professionals who provide expertise in the talent management industry. We offer solutions to help improve organizational performance and address whatever challenges businesses and professionals face – from team building, leadership, coaching, and conflict management to career development, selection, and retention. Perhaps this is why millions of individuals in more than 170 countries use our products each year. They include people at Fortune 500 companies and businesses of all sizes, as well as educators, government agencies, and training and development consultants.
Working here gives you the opportunity to make a positive difference, be accountable, experience genuine respect from your colleagues and peers, and feel valued and supported. We work to create an environment that fosters excellence and encourages employees to contribute, learn, and grow throughout their career.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. (EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled)
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our growth, while working with others who are passionate about our solutions and mission, please apply online today!
Nicole Trapasso, Vice President, HR&OD
The Myers-Briggs Company