Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to the CEO to:
- Use judgment in assessing the urgency and relevance of problems and matters brought to the CEO. Provide recommendations on topics important to UW Health.
- Proactively bring together appropriate people or resources to support the CEO in addressing the needs of UW Health.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and act as a liaison with UW Health’s executive leadership team, Board of Directors, committee members, faculty, officials, affiliated organizations, patients and their families, members of the local health care community and the general public.
- Remain knowledgeable about strategic goals and issues of importance to the CEO’s office in order to make informed decisions in all aspects of the job.
- Compile, edit and prepare documents, correspondence, and presentations
Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. 5 years of relevant administrative support work experience may be considered in lieu of degree in addition to experience below.
Minimum - Five years of experience providing executive level support
Preferred - Experience supporting executives within the health care industry
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of any and all information encountered.
- Proficient in advanced word processing and data management software programs. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Professional.
- Professional demeanor and ability to defuse sensitive situations in a calm manner.
- Ability to be self-directed in accomplishing the coordination and decision making responsibilities of this position with the ability to resolve issues independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing, to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all constituents.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
The core hours of this role are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, 40 hours per week. In order to effectively do this role availability before and after these core hours, including weekends, is necessary.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability