How will your role impact First Command?
The major task of this position is to facilitate efficient and effective administrative functions for the specified Executive Leadership team member. The Executive Assistant represents and supports the highest levels of the company, and as such must demonstrate the ability to work well with a variety of individuals. The Executive Assistant exercises discretion as it relates to matters specific to the department they support. The Executive Assistant position calls for significant individual initiative in the completion of tasks to which are attached a high level of corporate responsibility. Individuals must deal with highly confidential information at the highest management levels.
What will you be doing?
- Screens incoming calls to the ELT member and determining nature of call and whether or not it requires the attention of the ELT member. Whenever possible, responds to caller directly based on knowledge of the ELT’s preferences, office functions, policy, priorities, availability, etc.
- Manage incoming communication and meeting requests by delegating issues to the lowest level of capable staff to increase the effectiveness of the senior HR management. Processes all incoming correspondences received, prioritizing and determining its disposition. Directs mail to appropriate internal staff with instructions and/or suggestions for preparation of reply. Drafts responses for the ELT member signature based on knowledge of activities, interests, priorities, etc.
- Maintains an efficient flow of information between all levels of ELT member’s internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of the organization’s plans and priorities.
- Complete special projects as needed by management to include data gathering, analysis and presentation for executive management.
- Keep file records current for research and auditing purposes, to ensure the completeness of records.
- Performs a variety of for the department and ELT member, including: preparing correspondence, managing department calendars, opening and processing mail, maintaining files, and preparing reports the department.
What skills/qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of administrative experience required; previous experience supporting executive level preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a self-starter capable of using sound logic and analytical abilities to accurately complete varied and unique special projects as requested by management.
- Must be able to clearly communicate and work well with all employees, advisors, and auditors.
- Must easily adapt to changes in duties, procedures, workloads, equipment problems, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives and to coordinate a high volume of diverse assignments, effectively handle competing priorities, and maintain attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgment in making independent decisions with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing;
- Highly polished and professional telephone diplomacy;
- Consummate team collaborator, able to influence without resorting to EVP’s position;
- Flexibility willing to work additional hours as required by the position
- Project management experience
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and other office software
The information of this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary on the department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by department, reporting structure and other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.