The Executive Assistant ("EA") provides superior broad-scale administrative support to the President of Specialty Group, overseeing and coordinating the day-to-day office activities. The EA serves as the principal point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external constituencies. The EA provides specialist services for assigned projects such as patient care services, medical and academic affairs and general business administration. Work is performed under indirect supervision and requires a high level of independence.
Essential and Primary Responsibilities:
* Proactively manage an extremely active calendar of appointments, ensuring the President's schedule is followed and respected; planning and scheduling meetings, including video and teleconference calls.
* Coordinating all meeting logistics such as conference room reservations, catering orders, preparing agendas, meeting materials, and assisting with the creation of presentation materials.
* Assists during meetings by setting up audio/visual, taking minutes, and documenting action items that require follow-up.
* Communicating directly, and on behalf of the President; Managing and preparing all correspondence and reports.
* Serves as the administrative liaison to the Connecticut Children's Specialty Group Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating Board meetings, retreats and new Board member orientations; creating, compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials.
* Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with executive and senior management staff, physicians, clinical staff and employees.
* Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
* Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
* Create and modify documents in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
* Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications and anticipating needs.
* Oversees and/or arranges special projects and events such as retreats, luncheons/dinners, conferences, and presentations.
* Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
* Performs appropriate procurement processing activities, expense management, and invoice processing.
* Coordinates travel arrangements and prepare itineraries.
* Completes various projects and ad hoc duties and requests as assigned.
Associates degree with a minimum of five years' experience directly supporting and working with C-suite level executives (preferably in a healthcare setting), or a minimum of seven years' directly-related experience may be substituted for a degree. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, master's degree also preferred.
We are seeking candidates with:
* Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
* Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including executives, senior leaders, physicians, clinicians, board members and external partners
* Expert level written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
* Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
* Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response
* Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
* Positive, proactive attitude; Punctual and dependable; Meticulously thorough and accurate
* Able to multitask and adapt to quickly changing priorities
* Advanced level expertise of Microsoft Office suite
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled