The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the strategic and administrative initiatives of the Senior Diversity Officer who oversees the development and administration of University-wide programs and initiatives which promote a culture of inclusion, mutual respect, and civility at the University for faculty, staff, and students.
Works with and manages information of a confidential nature requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy. Provides seamless and consistent support through the following responsibilities: This position will respond to written and verbal requests on behalf of the Senior Diversity Officer and route calls or requests. Coordinates the details of events and meetings and manages complex calendars and travel arrangements. Manages, tracks and processes reimbursements, makes purchases and reconciles accounts. Works with committees led by the Senior Diversity Officer; sends meeting reminders, and coordinates committee work. Manages archive database of communications which may include legal documents, speeches, contracts, briefings and daily correspondence.
- Conducts daily administrative tasks that include answering the Senior Diversity Officer's phone and opening/reading mail and email in order to determine the topic, significance, sensitivity and appropriate action or distribution. Takes independent action where feasible to bring resolution to issues identified. Strike a balance between supporting daily administrative needs of the Senior Diversity Officer with a high degree of initiative in anticipating and quickly resolving problems.
- Meeting organization, preparation, and recordkeeping
- Manage the Senior Diversity Officer's calendar of appointments and meetings ensuring priority scheduling
- Draft correspondence, documentation and other types of communication.
- Proofread and finalize documents and papers as needed
- Create and prepare materials and keep all files for all meetings including agendas, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets
- Make meeting arrangements both on and off site, for small and larger meetings
- Manage all reimbursement, tracking and reconciling the Senior Diversity Officer's accounts, ensuring accurate and timely payments
- Research purchase requests, order and process requests
- Organize travel including air flights and hotel accommodations
- Create itineraries for travel
BA/BS or equivalent
Years of Experience:
5 – 8
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.