A trusted insurance carrier since 1886, Continental Western Group (CWG) offers a broad array of commercial insurance products for businesses in 13 states from the Rocky Mountains to the Great Lakes. Our goal is to be the strong, local and trusted choice for independent insurance agents and customers.
About W. R. Berkley CorporationW. R. Berkley Corporation, founded in 1967, is one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Each of the operating units in the Berkley group participates in a niche market requiring specialized knowledge about a territory or product. Our competitive advantage lies in our long-term strategy of decentralized operations, allowing each of our units to identify and respond quickly and effectively.
Works in partnership with the executive leadership team to provide seamless support to the organization. This role offers a wide range of administrative responsibilities requiring a high degree of planning and judgment. The Administrative Specialist sets business priorities and identifies process improvements to create efficiency and scale for the executive leadership team. Responsibilities will also include exposure to and handling of sensitive and confidential information in carrying out key human resources activities.
- Assist in the preparation of agendas and logistics for various meetings, including individual meetings for President and executive leadership team, offsite meetings, team-based and campus social events. Coordinates and distributes monthly President’s update and weekly executive leadership team meeting agenda and handouts.
- Assumes lead role in coordinating the All Associates Meeting, Super Producer, and Agency Advisory Council meeting. Prepares and confirms agendas and logistics in advance. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to, securing venues, event communication, calendar management, travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, presentation materials, meeting room logistics including connectivity, catering, group activities, contract negotiations and budget monitoring.
- Responsible for the day to day administration and support of the President's calendar, scheduling and necessary communication to executive leadership team.
- Administrative Specialist will support Human Resource functions including:
- Assist with new associate on-boarding, company organizational charts, updating Sharepoint site and HRIS systems.
- Development of job descriptions and research/analysis of salary and compensation.
- Communicates and coordinates requests/projects with corporate office (WRBC), including, annual reports and other company publications, meetings, and corporate visits.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree; minimum of five years’ experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Property and casualty industry or project coordinator experience desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Superior planning, time management and organizational skills
- Strategic thinking; understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
- Ability to proactively research and resolve problems and make recommendations for solutions to issues
- Integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and in dealing with professionals inside and outside the enterprise
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint as well as Visio and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments while maintain commitment to deadlines
- Professional polish and ability to demonstrate grace and composure under pressure
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work independently
- Regularly and consistently demonstrates commitment to company values and guiding principles