Closing date - 25 August 2020
Salary - Competitive
London, United Kingdom
Värde Partners is a $14 billion global alternative investment firm that employs a value-based approach to investing across a broad array of geographies, segments and asset types, including corporate and traded credit, real estate, mortgages, financial services, real assets and infrastructure. The firm sponsors and manages a family of private investment funds with a global investor base that includes foundations and endowments, pension plans, insurance companies, other institutional investors and private clients. Now in its third decade, Värde employs more than 300 people globally with regional headquarters in New York, Minneapolis, London and Singapore.
Värde’s investing activities are guided by the following investment philosophy: (i) search opportunistically for undervalued or inefficient markets; (ii) invest in financial assets at a discount to their intrinsic value; (iii) identify catalysts for value recognition; (iv) pursue medium-term investment horizons; and (v) manage risk through diversified investment programs and trading strategies.
Our firm’s core values of Integrity, Excellence, Collegiality, Innovation and Humility are apparent in our workplace every day. Värde employees are rewarded for their contributions, especially their passion, expertise and ideas. For more information, please visit our website at www.varde.com.
We are looking for a motivated individual with Executive/Business support experience, from within the financial services sector within Alternative Asset Management. This is a truly prestigious opportunity to:
- Work in a rapidly expanding, highly profitable, global organization that prides itself on integrity and professionalism.
- Participate in an energetic, fast-paced work environment that rewards independent thinking, strong business judgment and the ability to bring tasks to completion in a timely manner.
- Support Värde senior leaders and employees in London in their critical day-to-day operations, including research, preparing for Investor meetings and communicating with clients, as well as financial reporting support and special projects as necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced person to further develop their skills in a challenging and rewarding environment.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare for and co-ordinate internal and external meetings with business partners, Investors and other global departments.
- Review and assist with the preparation of documents/materials as well as operational and financial reports for investor meetings; (Financial Services team).
- Support the 2 Financial Services Partners with adhoc financial and market research.
- Support other senior members of the Financial Services team, coordinating services and resources and liaising globally with other senior team members to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Foster company culture, and develop creative ways to improve the operations of the team.
- Work with admin/operations team globally to develop robust operational processes and recommend/ implement procedural and policy changes.
- Organize team events, off sites as well as office wide philanthropic events.
- Control, manage and administer event budgets for Financial Services events globally.
- Liaise and provide support to Financial Services clients based in Europe.
- Managing conflicting priorities and external clients.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an executive/business support role at Board/C-suite and Partner Level.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in marketing/market research in financial services would be advantageous.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science or Economics.
- Experience in the financial services sector or another similar corporate background.
- Experience supporting an international team/individual in a fast-paced environment, and able to work across different time zones with a demanding schedule.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to cope with multiple changing priorities.
- Extremely well-organized and able to multi-task, juggle workloads and meet strict deadlines.
- Confident communicator, both on the telephone and email communications at a senior level.
- Basic to intermediate financial management skills (budget etc.).
- Familiarity and comfort with multiple technologies including MS Office Suite and videoconferencing technology/Salesforce.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the relevant skills and experience:
- Spanish speaking would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to support Executive Partners in a fast-paced international work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional detail orientation and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information in a professional and sensitive manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment while ensuring that confidentiality is maintained.
- Ability to think ahead – determining what information will be needed and when.
- Analytical, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Proven research and presentation skills.
- Personal characteristics of self-confidence, resourcefulness, flexibility, initiative, self-motivation, loyalty, friendliness, willing to assume responsibility for decisions, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a variety of relationships and situation, with optimism.
- Adaptable and personable, given the variety of work, positive in approach, to be able to perform under pressure and keep pace with a busy team.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to achieve an exceptional standard of work