Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. Battery Atlanta is an innovative mixed-used development, open even on non-game days. Visitors are encouraged. We are working behind the scenes and on the front lines – making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be
This will be a new upscale casual dining/bar, sports and entertainment venue offering full service menu and bar dining with entertainment activities.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for overall management of the kitchen, including supervising activities of cooks, coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor costs. The successful candidate will coordinate and control total function of the kitchen pertaining to food production and quality assurance.Responsibilities
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications. Ensures all outlets are adequately supplied and performs periodic inventory.
- Maintain positive customer/client relations through effective communication and prudent financial practices, while providing efficient services and quality products.
- Communicates effectively with all other restaurant managers, supervisors and staff to ensure a high level of collaboration, efficiency and team spirit.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Health Department regulations.
- Hands on management of day to day operations of all food outlet kitchens. Implements and enforces all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assures staff compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- Managing associates utilizing Sous Chefs and Lead Cooks through planning and scheduling of work assignments and performance development.
- Administers Corrective Counseling process, training and development, appraisals, payroll accountability. Acts as role model.
- Plan menus, catering packages, and daily specials maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Analyze menu and food costs and the preparation of cost and quality efficient menus/specials and prepare reports. Prepare annual budgeting and ensure all fiscal responsibilities are met.
- Requisitioning and purchasing within corporate specifications. Maintains effective vendor relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years Culinary Arts experience. Previous experience in a management role in high volume, multi-unit restaurant or large scale catering operations environment; experience supervising personnel. Experience in a sports venue preferred.
- Extensive knowledge & skills monitoring food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Expertise with ordering and inventory procedures.
- Skilled with various computer programs.
- Familiar with health and sanitation guidelines.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- ServSafe Certification
- ACF Certification levels CSC, CCC or CEC preferred or must obtain ACF certification within the first 2 years of employment.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.