Our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus, written by our chefs and prepared from scratch, reflect local and regional foods, flavors and culinary styles. Our culinary teams' cooking methods, recipe development and expertise make every dining experience truly unique. Our catering events rival five star restaurants.
What you will do:
- Produce high quality scratch batch cooking
- Lead and train the kitchen staff
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Design and produce menus
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Manage ordering and inventory
- Ability to lead, not just manage
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience, academic community experience a plus
- High volume production experience, minimum three years
- High end catering experience
- High energy
- Knowledgeable in current food trends
- Community/ service minded
- Ability to lead and mentor our team to develop future leaders
- Benefits: Health/Life/Vision/Dental/Disability
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount buying program
- Team culture
- Focus on training and developing careers
- Regional manager promoted from within
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.