The purpose of the Executive Chef is to coordinate, supervise and direct all aspects of the hotel’s food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
- Provide training for all staff and meet corporate quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion controls, recipes and sanitation.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food preparation areas including preparation for all food items, receiving daily inventories, and food cost report.
- Control food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Work with F&B Director and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Develop proper training and direction of departmental staff in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
- Coordinate all par stock levels; monitor and assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
- Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner including but not limited to Wages, Payroll, Revenue, Schedules and Quarterly Action Plans.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Review and approve weekly payroll.
- Coordinate and monitor all Loss Prevention in the kitchen area.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards and scheduling which will vary according to needs of the hotel.
- Must be consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Perform any other duties as requested by F&B Manager and the General Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
- Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
- Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
- Monitors and controls labor costs.
- Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
- Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses performance concerns of staff.
- Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A 2 year, 3 year, or 4 year culinary degree and at least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and hotel reports.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use various computer programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Position has supervisory responsibilities over culinary staff.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Kitchen environment - varying degrees in temperature.
• Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
- Stand more 80% of the time
- Walk more than 50% of the time
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Push / pull up to 30 pounds.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.