This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial culinary professional who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business. This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of the culinary department in a continued care retirement community. The Executive Chef ensures client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost effective management meeting and exceeding stated expectations. You will be responsible for all foodservice related activities which includes managing the daily operations of the kitchen area, implementing the production process, managing food cost / labor cost and having overall understanding of HACCP, under the direction of the Director of Dining Services. You will also be responsible for developing, mentoring and coaching internal associates.
- B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences
- Hands-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background checks (State and Federal) and drug screenings
If you are a Culinary Professional seeking a position with a fantastic quality of life environment and growth opportunities, then you do not want to miss out on this great opportunity. Join our team and be eligible for comprehensive medical and dental benefits, relocation assistance, a matching 401K plan, and many other benefits.
Thomas Cuisine is an award-winning, privately-held contract food service company operating in 18 states and growing. We advocate the healing power of whole foods. We believe in preparing scratch-made cuisine fresh each day. Our clients include hospitals, upscale senior living communities and corporate dining facilities. Every Thomas Cuisine team member is an ambassador, carrying out our mission, reflecting our values and building relationships while "doing the right thing". We seek to make a valuable difference to those we serve- one nutritious meal at a time
REAL Food | Genuine Service | Enduring Relationships
See job description