The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the Food Preparation Department’s daily operations-ensuring that all department goals are met and kept in alignment with Restaurants needs. Supports the General Manager by completing tasks as directed. Assists the General Manager in leading the restaurant’s Risk Management Team.
- Responsible for completing Performance Reviews and making recommendations for the promotion, hiring, and advancement of all salaried Kitchen personnel.
- Assists the General Manager in leading the Risk Management Team in proactively addressing liability, risk, and compliance opportunities.
- Responsible for reviewing all performance reviews and recommendations made by the Sous Chef.
- Responsible for training, managing, and developing all culinary team members.
- Responsible for scheduling kitchen personnel in conjunction with the Unit’s forecasted labor and predetermined budget, maintains department labor cost on a daily basis.
- Responsible for estimating food usage and ordering products accordingly.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling food cost by establishing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements, standardization recipes, and waste control procedures.
- Ensures adherence to all recipes guidelines to provide consistent quality, proper presentation technique and food safety standards.
- Ensures proper equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment for all employees by ensuring that proper safety and sanitation requirements are met.
- Trains kitchen personnel in sanitation practices and establishes cleaning schedules, sock rotation schedules, refrigeration temperature control points, and other sanitary control
- Completes all weekly and monthly food and supply product inventories
- Responsible for food production when necessary.
- Schedule may fluctuate based on departmental requirements.
- Observance of all SRC Polices and Procedures.
- Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
- Strong familiarity with OSHA and all local Department of Health Regulations.
- Degree in Culinary Arts or 3 years related experience preferred.
- Must be able to create and maintain a strong team atmosphere with in the department and ensure that employees are appropriately trained and have an adequate work load.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Office preferred.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate English.
- Schedule may fluctuate based on departmental requirements
- Local travel required when considered necessary.
- Must be able to walk and stand for hours at a time. Lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.