|Requisition Number||BHTT San Antonio|
|Description||JOB TITLE: BRICK HOUSE TAVERN + TAP EXECUTIVE CHEF|
DEPARTMENT: BHTT OPERATIONS REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT DATE POSTED:
The Executive Chef plays a critical role in ensuring the kitchen is Spotlessly Clean, Safe and Sanitary, and that each Guest at Brick House Tavern + Tap receives Perfect Food. The Executive Chef achieves this by adhering to all company and local county standards related to the proper cleaning and sanitizing of tools, utensils, and stations, along with recipe execution, and ordering, receiving, and storing practices.
• Ensures each Guest receives perfect food by ensuring the Back of House controls and standards are adhered to at all times.
• Maximizes productivity and efficiencies and minimizes waste by ensuring production levels, Team Member scheduling and sales projections are consistently accurate.
• Accountable for conducting the weekly inventory, and meeting set food cost goals.
• Adheres to recipe execution for all menu items and coaches and trains Team Members to adhere to the same standards.
• Ensures the restaurant is Spotlessly Clean, Safe & Sanitary at all times and requires all Team Members to abide by the same standards.
• Hires Team Members who have the energy, passion and ability to deliver perfect food to our Guests.
• Ensures the BOH is set up accurately for every shift and broken down accurately after every shift.
• Organizes, directs, validates and follows up on all training programs involving BOH Team Members.
• Conducts pre-shift meetings with both FOH and BOH Team Members on every shift.
• Conducts thorough and accurate line checks, correcting issues as they arise.
• Participates in the training and implementation of new initiatives and menu roll-outs.
• Plays a key role in ensuring budgets are exceeded.
• Performs a variety of administrative duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Excellent communication and delegation skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with all Managers, Hourly Team Members, and Guests.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent required; four year or culinary degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of kitchen management experience required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Brick House Tavern + Tap is an Equal Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accordance with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).