Executive Compensation Associate Attorney - New York, NY
We are working with a major law firm that is seeking a mid-level or senior associate to join the Executive Compensation & Benefits practice section in the Firm’s New York office. The successful candidate will work closely with all attorneys in its practice section, as well as interact directly with clients on a wide variety of highly sophisticated transactions and must have experience both working in teams and in managing certain aspects of transactions independently.
The ideal candidate will have 3-10 years' of experience working with public and private employers, including start-up companies, on all aspects of the executive compensation and benefits practice, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions (including Section 280G analysis), financings, initial public offerings, executive terminations and hires, stock compensation plans and award agreements, nonqualified deferred compensation (Section 409A), general ERISA and group benefit plans, and public company reporting and disclosure obligations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctor degree (JD) from an accredited law school.
- 3-10 years' experience with executive compensation and benefits practice.
- An excellent academic background and exceptional research and writing skills are highly-valued.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of ethics and conduct codes.
- Large law firm experience is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that provides the highest level of client service.
- Must be a member of the New York State Bar.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible (pays "big firm" rates!).
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist