Executive Director, Communications - Office of the Provost - ( STA005033 ) Exec Dir, Comm (College)
Organization : H0005 Sr VC/VP, Acad Affairs/Provost
Responsible for the development and coordination of internal and external communications for a large, complex college. Directs a comprehensive communications and marketing program and serves as primary media contact for local, national, and international news organizations.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive communications and media relations program to raise the college's visibility (locally, regionally, nationally and internationally). Directs overall planning and implementation, including budget development and staff management.
- Fosters and enhances relationships with stakeholders to increase awareness of the college's vision, mission, goals and community impact. Serves as the college's primary media contact for news organizations, and advises senior administration, faculty and staff in all areas involving media and other external relations vehicles.
- Serves as primary marketing liaison for events coordinated by student organizations within the college, including lectures and symposia.
- Works with senior administrators and staff to strengthen communications links with community and governmental agencies and organizations as well as other key constituent groups.
- Builds and maintains relationships with campus and community media representatives to ensure consistent and accurate media coverage for the college. Uses partnerships to create and implement innovative marketing and communication strategies.
- Manages all electronic content for college websites. May also coordinate social media and electronic communications by alumni groups.
- Administers special events, marketing and media relations, and participates in other college advancement activities.
- Reviews, edits and authorizes copy, and oversees design work on college publications.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
The Executive Director, Communications reports directly to the Senior Vice Chancellor/Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost and serves as a member of the Provost's Cabinet. This position is primarily responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy for the Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor/Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. Major responsibilities include external positioning of the Office of the Provost regarding media relations, social media, print publications and other public representation opportunities.
NOTE: While the job description in this posting refers to work in a "college", this posting is for communications duties in the Office of the Provost.
Experience will not be considered in lieu of education.
A minimum of 5 years of relevant job experience.
Education will not be considered in lieu of experience.
Required skill set must include the following:
Highest level of professionalism and respect for confidentiality and ability to interact with all levels of internal and external constituents.
Ability to work with internal groups to field media requests and position content for media consumption.
The ability to take initiative, problem-solve, exercise excellent judgment and deploy critical thinking skills.
The ability to multi-task and adapt to changing circumstances and shifting priorities in a high-profile environment.
Experience working with a diverse client base.
The ability to clearly interpret and implement policies and procedures.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress.
Demostrated knowledge of current social media platforms and interactive marketing.
Knowledge of Google Analytics and the ability to track metrics relevant to social media.
Knowledge of communicating with large audiences through programs such as Constant Contact.
The following documents are required. Your application will not be reviewed unless you provide all required documentation.
Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
Writing Sample (e.g. news release, feature story, annual report, mailed promotional item, prepared remarks)
Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been completed.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Salary : 5,792.00 - 7,675.00
Required Attachments by Candidate : Resume, Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Writing Samples
Employee Status : Regular/Benefits
Job Posting : Sep 19, 2019, 5:47:43 PM